Attorney OR Law Students????

ece

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I would like to share the very good experience I am having preparing my case with a group of Law students of a University Law Clinic.

Even though I had everything ready their effort and legal presentetation preparation of I589 of the file is more than proffessional.

I am sharing this this because a friend of mine ruined my happiness saying that these files will be dragged down in queine for years and it will take me 7-10 yrs. DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE or ever heard?

thnx

Dear all,

I would like to share the very good experience I am having preparing my case with a group of Law students of a University Law Clinic.

Even though I had everything ready their effort and legal presentetation preparation of I589 of the file is more than proffessional.

I am sharing this this because a friend of mine ruined my happiness saying that these files will be dragged down in queine for years and it will take me 7-10 yrs. DO YOU HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE or ever heard?

thnx

Hi Ece,

I would not underestimate the law students when it comes to both document preparation and even legal representation, for several reasons:

- Law students are usually supervised by a lawyer, they sign some papers in terms of confidentiality and related concerns, and they usually confirm their actions with their lawyer;
- Law students are usually the ones still in school or on internship, and they usually study the law and more fresh and more aware of the newer updates to the law;
- Sometimes they are a bit inexperienced which makes them ask every action they do from their lawyer, which makes sure your case is prepared accurately.

Whether you deal with a lawyer or a law student, make sure they prepare your case accurately. If they make some mistake or misunderstand your situation, explain. Usually law students are more flexible in understanding concerns rather than a lawyer who is too firm and inflexible/old school when it comes to certain details.

Good luck!
P.S. I do not think the asylum wait time has anything to do with who is representing you. Law student or a lawyer, they are treated the same way and they sign similar papers before representing you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you mercier, this was what keepse feel good. I will be going through this with Law students and I am sure I won't regret it.

I was just courious to read any experience as I can not find any thread about this topic.
Thnx again.