Attorney not responding

dwl800

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

i am in a terrible situation. i got emails from NSC on may 4th that they have sent RFE for myself and my wife's 485. i called my attorney's office. he has changed his address and not responding to my emails. his phone number is also changed. i am unable to find him.

what should i do? its been 12 days since the RFE notice sent. this is for 485 application of me and my wife.

Experts please help

sincerely
dwl800

1. Try your local Secretary Of State office. They generally do have latest information. They may be able to help you if you explain them your situation.
OR
2. Contact your HR if it is a company lawyer.
OR
3. Just drive to the old office complex and ask the busineeses around.
OR
4. Visit AILA.org or call 1-800-954-0254 for information on the attorney from AILA.
OR
5. Try Swithboard.com and enter necessary info (first and last name and the city) to find a person. The chances are your attorney moved within a city or cities around. So try different city combination with attorney's names.

Good luck

Leo

P.S. Don't forget to kick attorney's ass when you find him!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I found his new office but when i called there they said that he does not come here that often. he has stopped his practice or something. i called USCIS and they said that call after 14 days and then they will be able to resend the RFE to my address instead of the attorney.

ALso, even if i find my attorney there is nothing i can do. he is not responding to me anyways. no replies to my phone calls, no email replies, no contact whatsoever. i went to the office and he is not there too. its like i went to a wrong person and now i have to suffer because of it.

thanks
dwl800

Some suggestions.
- If you have another lawyer, file for G28 immediately. This would specify that the new lawyer would represent you from now on.
- If you do not need a lawyer, not sure about the procedure to revoke G28, call USCIS on how to revoke G28.

- Call AILA to see what they have to say about the lawyer, you may also be able to check with local BAR association on this lawyer.

- Follow up with USCIS to see if they have resent RFE to your address.

Generally the RFE on 485 are less intense.. it might be an easy RFE which you can respond yourself or discuss it with some forum gurus.

Apart from what good suggestions you got .. I thought .. it might be great if you take an infopass appointment and discuss the problem with the representative.

just my 2 cents.

Good luck.

IMO:

Find another lawyer quickly. Better get a heavyweight. then get togethar with him in contacting CIS with every possible way. G28 has already been discussed. They main thing is that they should send another copy to you and the new lawyer.

Also try contacting CIS using the 1800 no and multiple application method and ask for a copy of RFE.

Later when things are all settled, dont forget to screw the old lawyer.

Thanks a lot people

I have taken infopass appointment for tomorrow(14th day after RFE sent). I will post you all the details of my appointment and how it goes.

My company is also willing to help me provide any information USCIS asks. Its just a matter of how and when I get the copy of the RFE.

I appreciate all of your inputs. I really feel like discussing it with a knowledgable family member and feel a little relieved about the whole situation. Thanks a lot.

Sincerely
dwl800

I went to the INFOPASS meeting today. The lady said that she cant do anything. I have to call National Customer Service. I called the Customer Service and the guy said he will try his best to send the RFE to my address. He also gave me a confirmation number.

I am hoping that I will get the RFE soon.

MY QUESTION: Should I call the customer service again tomorrow asking whether they sent the RFE or not???

Sincerely
dwl800

dwl800 said:
I went to the INFOPASS meeting today. The lady said that she cant do anything. I have to call National Customer Service. I called the Customer Service and the guy said he will try his best to send the RFE to my address. He also gave me a confirmation number.

I am hoping that I will get the RFE soon.

MY QUESTION: Should I call the customer service again tomorrow asking whether they sent the RFE or not???

Sincerely
dwl800

Yes call and check if it has been mailed out. It will be easier to check since you have a confirmation number.

I got a copy of RFE notice..

You should get a copy of the original RFE in a few days. I had invoked AC21 and my new attorney had sent g28 notice, however USCIS still sent my RFE to the attorney of my old company. Obviuosly, she did not respond to our queries. I called USCIS after 14th day and they sent a copy of RFE to me...