ATTN : Kevin65221

pachai

Registered Users (C)
Hi Kevin,

I have an important question to ask you:

I missed my Finger Printing a couple of months back (I Should have done it on 02/03/2001, since i was out of the country for a 4 week vacation, i missed it, it was rather unfortunate).

However, my attorney made a request for re-scheduling during the last week of Jan-2001. I was told that i would hear from INS with 30-60 days, but I was waiting very patiently to hear from them only to see nothing happened as of date.

I read somewhere in this forum that one could walk in to INS any time with the expired FP notice for the actual Finger Printing. I tried my luck after i came back from Vacation (that was on the first week of March-2001).

I spoke to the security guard (he in turn went inside and talked to the INS officer. I was waiting in the hall way for an answer, as was anticipated, he came back turned down my request to process FP and asked me to reschedule to another date. I did it inadverdently without even thinking that my attorney made a request for it. He told me that i would hear from the INS Oakland office with in 90 days.

My questions are:

IN THE LIGHT OF THE ABOVE FACT, CAN I, WALK INTO ANY INS SERVICE CENTER,
SAY Salinas ASC or Sanjose ASC AND REQUEST THEM TO PROCESS / PERFORM MY FINGER PRINTING.

Salinas ASC - did anyone in the past have any such experience?.

I had a meeting with my attorney today, she said i could try any
Application Support Center (ASC), It doesn\'t hurt trying.

I want to know whether Salinas is a friendly INS center (like Sanjose).
and have they in the past processed any FP (apparently the missed FP
notices in other application support centers). I am running out of patience since it\'s been almost 3 months since we made a request to INS oakland and we haven\'t heard anything from them yet inspite of sending 2 faxes after the Attroney\'s request for FP re-scheduling.

I am planning to go Salinas ASC with attrney\'s courtesy copy (as i already
surrended my original copy to INS Oakland for rescheduling).

I chose Salinas ASC since it isn\'t crowded (that\'s my assumption)

I would really appreciate your response.

485 details

PD : 09/98
Category: EB2/RIR
RD : 10/2000
AP and EAD received in 01/20/2001
FP Notice received on 01/2001 (the actual date for FP was for 02/03/01, but had to miss it since i was
out of the country).

**** IMPORTANT ****

Kevin and Others who did FP at Salinas ASC - Your inputs/suggestions is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Pachai(TK)

No Title

I don\'t know anyone who has the same experience. but you certainly can try Salinas ASC. better go there in afternoon. it is a pretty friendly office and the the waiting line there is virtually none in the afternoon. i did my FP there before the scheduled date with a photo copy of my notice and they never bothered to ask. just go and try, if they accept, you may save some time. but i guess you can also go to SJ INS local office to request another FP notice.

you mentioned security officer, does SJ ASC have security officer?? i only know INS local office has security officers. there are no security officer at Salina ASC. there is no point to talk to security officer. i don\'t think they know anything. if you go to SJ local office to request FP notice, just show them your old notice they will let you in. (for example, you can use your 485 receipt and tell the security officer u want a interim EAD). once you are in, it\'s up to the IIO to decide if they are gonna give you another notice. don\'t bother with the security guys!

Good luck.

No Title

I went to INS OAKLAND OFFICE but not to INS Sanjose.

INS Oakland was my ASC mentioned in the FP Notice.

Do i need to give reasons if they ask me why would i want to
do my FP in Salinas as opposed to INS Oakland (For example can i
tell them the truth that they turned down my request and asked
me to re-schedule my FP date to another date?).

I think i will try my luck this saturday at INS Salinas, If not
i will go to INS Sanjose next week, If not I shall wait for my
FP resheduled date.

What do you think Kevin?

Thanks

Pachai

No Title

Yeah, better try Salinas first. i\'d suggest u not to say anything unless they ask! if they ask just tell them the truth or you may just omit the reschedule part and tell them there are too many people there. nobody knows it gonna work or not. just try your luck.

But i don\'t know why u r asked to take FP at Oakland INS office instead of an ASC.

Good luck Pachai.

No Title

Try INS San Jose and do not mention anything unless
they ask. San Jose office is very liberal. One of my
friends went with expired FP notice and they did not ask
anything.(She did not mention it too and she already got her approval.)
Good Luck.

No Title

actually i think you can try them both the same day if the first one turns you down. if you go to Salinas, you should be able to go to SF ASC on your way back.

No Title

Hi Kevin65221 AND waiting6

I did my Finger Printing successfully at Salinas ASC on last saturday (4/13/01) without any hassel. Infact they didn\'t ask any question, the whole thing took place in 10 minutes. I must really thank you for your kind suggestion. There were hardly any one waiting in the line. I went around 1:00 PM, only 2 people were waiting in the line. The girl in the reception didn\'t even ask my address and other details.

She just verified and A# in the FP notice against my EAD and asked my current residence telephone number. She then gave a me number and asked me to fill up the form. 5 minutes later, another guy called my number and did my FP. My wife turn came after mine got finished. The whole thing took only 10 minutes for both of us.

How I wish I had known about this option earlier.

I understand that Salias ASC would send the results to FBI and FBI will then send the results back to INS. How long it typically takes before one get Approval notice.

Anyways thanks a million for your help.

Thanks

Pachai(TK)

No Title

Hello,
My situation is exactly the same. I have also rescheduled the Finger Printing appointment and I have not got yet another FP notice yet. It is about 2.5 months. While rescheduling, I have sent the original notice in the mail that\'s what they mention in the notice. I have photocopy of the notice and also Attorney courtesy copy. My question is can I go to Salinas Service Center with Photocopy or Courtesy copy of my FP notice. I have tried to do my FP at OAKLAND center (05/09/01) as mentioned in the notice but they have refused to take it and said you have wait for your reschedule FP notice.

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks
SK

No Title

Hi SK,

You can go to Salinas ASC this saturday with the photocopy or the
courtesy copy - it does not matter.

DONOT MENTION ANYTHING UNLESS OTHERWISE THEY ASK YOU ANY QUESTION.
Importantly don\'t tell them you have requested for a rescheduling etc, If they ask you, tell them you were out of town/country etc on a visit.

Just provide the photocopy with an ID (Driver\'s ID) and they will most
probably do the FP for you.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Pachai(TK)

No Title

Look at earlier posting in the same thread should have any further questions. I had elaboralted my experience at Salinas ASC there.

Best wishes for your FP. INS makes you think that it\'s an hard earned right - Really it\'s a shame and we happen to be the innocuous victims.

Please type \'INS Salinas\' in the Search engine, you will get the exact directions. Otherwise please let me know. I shall let you know.

Pachai

No Title

Thanks Pachai,
I have done my FP today ( 05/12/2001) without any problems. I just have wasted my two months in waiting for the rescheduling notice. First, I have gone to INS center at Oakland on ( 05/09/01) and there they have rejected for FP saying that you have to wait for Next FP notice, then I tried my luck at Salinas Service Center and they have done it without any problems. They staff is more co-operative and friendly. I even did not have Original FP notice because I have sent the Original FP notice for rescheduling.

Thanks
SK

No Title

Hello Pachai,
Please let me know whether you have inquired about your FP with FBI. If yes, please tell me the FBI Phone number and after how manys days of FP, I should call FBI

Thanks
SK

No Title

Hi Sanjay92

CONGRATS....

I also did the same thing - wasted 2 months and did my FP at Salinas.
Anyways, I am glad to hear the good news.

You can call FBI today and get the results, usually they are pretty fast. Sorry, I don\'t have the FBI number off-hand. You can, however, search for FBI # in one of these threads and get it. In the meanwhile, if i find it, shall let you know.

Good luck on your final approval notice.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pachai

No Title

Hi Sanjay92

Here is the FBI #, youmay have to give your WAC# and/or A# ... so have them ready before you call them!!!

304 625 5590

Enjoy

Pachai

No Title

Thanks Pachai,
I have called FBI today and they have said they have sent my FP results back to INS. They have sent the result on the same day. I asked whether my Finger Prints were Okay she did not comment on this, She said we have sent your results to INS.
What is the next step ? Should I call IIO or wait for some more time ?
My receipt date is Oct\'31 2000 and ND is Nov\'30 2000

Sanjay