Attn: Baltimore Xferres

philianthropist

Registered Users (C)
From the interview experiences posted by the applicants: I have observed there are some immigration officers who are easy and some are really tough.
Some are egile, active and some of them are easy going. take it easy kinds(which affect approvals ie. like for those whose GC approvals have been hold for want of 140.
I guess it depends on individual immigration officer that how fast he or she retrieves the paperwork from either VSC or consulates.
I think list is like

Officer A
Officer c
Officer B
Officer D
Officer E
Officer F
Officer P

Please post who amongst Baltimore Xferres had interview with which offier and how many amongst them got approved right away.This is for statistical purposes for the benefit of future Xferres.
Thanks

No Title

Philanthropist:
Officers are assigned alphabets based on a particular day and the same officer does not get the same alphabet designation every day. The officers have guidelines and it does not depend on their whims and fancies to approve or not to approve 485 apps. They have been given specific directions to have the original I-140 before approving the AOS apps. Also they look for frauds and out of status issues.

anastomisis thanks BUT................................

whats this 140 crap is going on? I have some riends who have never opetd for CP , instead they opted for 485 still there 140 was sent to consulates.
I also talke dto my lawyer about this and she says its very rare but I have seen so many Baltimore Xferres including urslef who has faced this issue.
Wait man you ll get urs approval soon

No Title

Philanthropist:

If you look at this statement posted at the NVC website http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html

"If you live in the U.S. you may be eligible for adjustment of status as a permanent resident. When your case becomes current, NVC will send you a letter telling you that you may be eligible for adjustment of status and asking that you tell us if you will adjust or apply at a U.S. consular section abroad. If you write back to us that you will adjust status, we will note it on your case record and retain the file until an INS office requests it to process your adjustment application. If NVC does not get a reply to our letter after 30 days, we will send you a Packet 3 and send your case file to a consular office abroad for processing.
NVC is not involved in adjustment of status. You should contact the INS office nearest you for information, forms, and adjustment of status updates."

The NVC send the I-140s automatically to the consulates if they do not recieve letters saying that you are going to adjust atatus. Most lawyers (including mine) advise that INS automatically retieves I-140s from the NVC when one files the AOS app. That\'s a lot of bull as the IO who interviewed me said that she is going to request the I-140 only after I had the interview. Anyway I will try to trace the I-140 and post where it is sitting. That will give a clearer idea what is actually happenning with the I-140s approved for CP and then a I-485 is filed.

Also if one in the initial I-140 does not choose AOS or CP they are automatically approved for CP at the consulate where they were last resident, by default