ATTN: Antigen, Ciba and other J waivers

csc109

Registered Users (C)
If any one you know with J waiver got I-485 approved recently, please let me know. EB1 ND: 01/09/01 FP: 03/03/01 WAC-01-072-*, Thanks!

I got J waiver recommendation letter from DOS dated on 09/29/00. INS ND for J waiver is 10/23/00. No final waiver from CSC INS yet, even though my wife got her EAD already. It is weird. It only takes several weeks to get the final waiver from other service centers, while CSC said they are processing cases on 01/27/97.

No Title

I am at the same boat.I would like to follow to join my husband whose I485 was filed 2 months ago but I just got the recommendation letter from DoS other than the final approval notice from INS. Is it OK to file I485 just providing the recommendation letter to INS?

No Title

Some people told me that CSC will never send the final approval notice to applicant from last year on.Is it true?

No Title

I have no idea. If they can approve our I485s, we will not care the final waiver.

No Title

csc109,

I used to be on J1 before swiched to H1. It took more than six
months for CSC to send out final notice approving the waiver which
was recommended by USIA (now DOJ). However, once you receive the
recommendation, you can go ahead apply changing status (either
H1 or AOS). However, your adjustment petition will not be approved
until CSC issues the final waiver.

The reason it takes so long for CSC to send final waiver is that
it is a low priority type of application.

ciba

No Title

Hi ,Ciba,Csc109:
Thank you very much for your information.But I really know some people get H1 visa approved just providing the recommendation letter from DoS other than waiver final notice from INS.what is the difference between H1 and AOS?Why cannot AOS be approved until providing the final notice?

No Title

Hi, Ciba,
Thank you very much for your information.

sf11, I guess you are right. For H1b visa, you do not need the final J waiver. They seems not care. But I really do not know how about the AOS.

No Title

Hi,Ciba:
Could you tell me if it will delay my husband\'s case or not while i cannot get my final waiver notice from CSC in 6 months?

No Title

sf11, csc109, jennifer,

Perhaps I did not make my message clear, but yes, H1 can be
approved without the final waiver (which is what happend to
me). However, for AOS, CSC will demand to see the final
waiver. There is a folk in CSC I-485 tracking list who got
a RFE for the waiver notice before his case was approved.

ciba

No Title

Sure, you can get it. Last time, I told you my wife got her EAD without the final INS waiver. By the way, I guess my H1b was approved without the INS waiver, because my wife\'s J2 to H4 application was approved.

Wish you got it soon.

No Title

Hi,Ciba:
 I have 2 questions.Please givae me advice.
1: Is there any side efffect on my husband\'s case whose I485 was filed 2 months ago and I follow to join to him now and maynot get my final waiver in 6 months?
2: If I get a RFE from INS but I cannot get the final waiver in 3 months(usually RFE need reply in 3months).Does it mean that my I485 will be given up automatically?

No Title

Thank you. Your information comfort me a lot. I am waiting EAD for a new job. They would like to wait my EAD rather than applying H-1B for me. My current visa will expire in August, I worry because I have a such bad experience on my J waiver at CSC.

No Title

jennifer,

Your case and your husband\'s will be examined/evaluated separately.
One case will not be held up against the other. Also, your case
will not be considered "given up" if you cannot produce the final
waiver (that\'s there fault!). It takes long for all the paperwork,
but you are worried too much.

ciba