Attn: AC21 - Change of Employer

SafeNH

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Could you please let me know what are the problems/challenges we need to foresee when we change the employer?

I have my I140 approved about a year back and my I485 is pending since Aug 03 and affected my EB3/IND/Retrogress. I am with my current employer for over 2 years and have been working on diffrent contracts. I usually find my contract myself and pay commision to my employer.

Currently I am looking for contracting positions to work with my current employer and been unlucky sofar for some reason. I am getting several full time opportunities well paid and more stable companies; I need to change my employer if I decide to take these opportunities. But I am little reluctant and worried about any problems to come in future related to my GC. I would compramise on small risks but not at the cost of major GC issues.

Could somebody who has already changed employers using AC21 put some light and explain what are the consequences we could face.

I would be greatful and thankful for anykind of your input and feedback.

-SafeNH

I have changed my employer during GC processing. I did not send AC21 as it is not madatory as per my attorney. However, I made sure that I was in good terms with my GC sponsoring employer.

Recently I got approved.

LiveAndLetLive said:
I have changed my employer during GC processing. I did not send AC21 as it is not madatory as per my attorney. However, I made sure that I was in good terms with my GC sponsoring employer.

Recently I got approved.
Congrats on your approval and Thanks LiveAndLetLive; Did you had to go for interview? or was it approved without any change in the status.

-SafeNH

I got RFE on both I140 and 485. I was never called for an interview as such.

There is a general consensus amongst the forum users that if you send AC21, your case gets transferred to local office. Hence a call for interview. I am not sure if this is true.

However, talk to your attorney and see what he/she has to say about using AC21. But the key to all this is maitaining good relations with the GC sponsoring company. This will save you lot of headache.

LiveAndLetLive said:
I got RFE on both I140 and 485. I was never called for an interview as such.

There is a general consensus amongst the forum users that if you send AC21, your case gets transferred to local office. Hence a call for interview. I am not sure if this is true.

However, talk to your attorney and see what he/she has to say about using AC21. But the key to all this is maitaining good relations with the GC sponsoring company. This will save you lot of headache.
Which employer letter did you submit with your 485 RFE?

My GC Sponsoring employer. We have co-ordial relations. Actually, I am planning to work for him now for a few months or a year.

Live ANd Let Live:
When you said you had good relations with your previous employer, how did that make it easier for your portability? Did they not try to revoke I-140? What other steps did they take or rather not take that made it easier for you?

I am close to getting an offer and am assessing the AC-21 option. I do not know how my employer will react.. Also my wife just started a full time job using the EAD and I do not want it to affect her EAD. Our PD of 05/02 is also close to the cutoff.

Thanks
psr1

SafeNH said:
Folks,

Could you please let me know what are the problems/challenges we need to foresee when we change the employer?

I have my I140 approved about a year back and my I485 is pending since Aug 03 and affected my EB3/IND/Retrogress. I am with my current employer for over 2 years and have been working on diffrent contracts. I usually find my contract myself and pay commision to my employer.

Currently I am looking for contracting positions to work with my current employer and been unlucky sofar for some reason. I am getting several full time opportunities well paid and more stable companies; I need to change my employer if I decide to take these opportunities. But I am little reluctant and worried about any problems to come in future related to my GC. I would compramise on small risks but not at the cost of major GC issues.

Could somebody who has already changed employers using AC21 put some light and explain what are the consequences we could face.

I would be greatful and thankful for anykind of your input and feedback.

-SafeNH

I am pretty much in the same boat as far as ND is concerned. Pending since July 03. I-140 approved last August. Taking up on a new offer next week. With the present employer for last 4 years and will use AC21