Attire for interview

dannym

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,
Any suggestions on what is generally the suggested attire for the interview? Do we need to be semiformal or is a sports coat or suit advisable?
Thanks
Danny

There are no guidelines for what to wear to your interview. I wore a suit and tie because that's what I feel comfortable and confident in. But there were other people there who were wearing shorts and T-shirts. I found that a little improper, but I don't think that had any impact at all on the decision of their interviewer. So, you should wear whatever you like. If, like me, dressing up gives you confidence, then you should wear nice clothes. But USCIS doesn't care how you look.

IMO, it's best to look professional, ie, suit and tie. If you were an interviewing officer, what would think about someone who comes in shorts and T-shirt? The good first impression goes a long way.

I agree 100%. I think you should show respect to the office, the process and the IO by dressing neatly, not necessarily formally. I wore business-shirt, no tie and jacket. I think that T-shirt/shorts shows disrespect.

Hello folks,
Any suggestions on what is generally the suggested attire for the interview? Do we need to be semiformal or is a sports coat or suit advisable?
Thanks
Danny

There is no guideline for dress code. In the Bay Area, people usually wear business casuals. That should get you across the line almost anywhere in the country.

I work in "business casual" clothes (Dockers with a collared shirt). I threw a blazer over top of that for my interview. I figured I wanted to look like I put extra effort into getting ready.

Hello folks,
Thanks
Danny
Follow Flydog's advice. I wore a formal white shirt and black pant to the Interview. No tie, No suit.

My shirt and pant were ironed.

There were people who wore Jeans and T-Shirt. I personally would not recommend that.