Attention New H-1 Filers

romeo

BEFORE YOU JOIN A A COMPANY OR FILE YOUR GREEN CARD, DO ASK THE EMPLOYER WHETHER
1. YOU WILL BE GIVEN THE FULL CASE DETAILS (SPECIFICALLY I-140 CASE NO.)
2. YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO APPLY FOR CONSULAR PROCESSING
3. WOULD BE GIVEN ALL DOCUMENTS SO THAT IF YOU WANT YOU CAN LEAVE AFTER 180 DAYS OF APPLYING OF GREEN CARD.

CAUTION SOME PROMINENT INDIAN COMPANIES ARE NOT GIVING THESE DETAILS AND HAVE FOUND THESE NEW WAYS OF EXPLOITING THEIR EMPLOYEES, BUT BY THE TIME ONE FINDS IT OUT, IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE.
  DON\'T NEGLECT IT, FIND IT OUT, THERE IS A BIG DIFFERENCE IN GETTING A GC IN 1.5 YRS VS. 4 YRS. DON\'T BE THE ONE, WHO WOULD REPENT AND REMEMBER THIS EMAIL SOMETIME IN FUTURE.

A SUFFERER

No Title

I HAVE GOT H1 VISA FOR THREE YEAR BUT MY PASSPORT REMAIN VALID FOR TWO YEAR . CAN I DO REVALIDATE PASSPORT IN USA ? IF YES WHAT IS PROCEDURE & WHEN I HAVE TO DO ?

ANTICIAPTING REPLY FROM EXPERT.

REGARDS

No Title

Hello,
Although I am no expert but here is a suggestion through my experience. I was in the same boat few years ago. You have to apply for a new passport (I applied for the new passport within 5 weeks of expiration) through the consulate of your country located in the US either in person, through a friend or by US mail. Then clip both passport together since your H1 visa is in old passport till the time that expires. Renewal of H1 visa will be done in the new passport moving forward with an application to INS in Washington DC.

PS:
If you are an Indian and in NY,NJ area there is one in NY and if you can go there in the morning,fill the application form, you should be able to get the passport by the close of that/or next Business day unless they have changed the rules.
Good luck

No Title

i have been in the US a month now. i was just visiting but am now thinking of looking for work. what is the first thing i should do? i would like everything to be done legally. i have a college degree from my country.

No Title

ATTN ROMEO: I have an offer and company is willing to pickup cost of H1 Visa processing and Green Card sponsorship. They have told me it takes 4 to 4.5 years to get the Green Card. While note sent my romeo indicates the difference b/w 1.5 years and 4 years in getting Green Card. My question, is it possible to get GC in 1.5 years.

Thanks
Saly

No Title

I don\'t think one can get their GC in 1.5 years. Not even if you are applying as EB1. That\'s what I thought (I am not an expert). But again, probably, Romeo was talking about NSC. Things are working pretty fast there.

No Title

Well, take for instance EB2 cases in California. I know someone in California who got the green card in less than 1.5 years.

GC Processing time

2 years is the average time these days (EB2 or EB3) for GC processing (All 3 stages inclusive)

Process of getting GC in 1.5 yrs

Romeo,Kindly post the information about how a person can get a green card in 1.5 yrs in detail am sure it would help a lot of people out here, THanks and appreicate ur help

H4 to F1 & green card issues

Hi,

I\'m presently on H4 visa and my husband is still in the Green card process
(Labor Certification). I would like to go to school from this fall semester.

(1) Can i change my visa status from H4 to F1, so that i can avail financial
assistantship and still be part of his green card process?
(2) Suppose i\'m on F1, when he gets to his 485 stage, will i have to go back to H4 to be on his green card porcess?

Or, can you please lemme know about other options available?

No Title

F1 visa has non immigrant intent. So u cannot apply for F1 and GC at same time.

No Title

F1 visa has non immigrant intent. So u must not apply for F1 and GC at same time. You can apply or not I dont know, but it might be considered a fraud case.

No Title

There is no hard and fast rule whether u ll get GC in 1.5 yrs or 4.5 yrs. It depends upon
1)the processing speed at the time u applied
2)on various categories in which u can apply.
3)service center

Yes its true that last yr people got their GCs in 1.5 yrs as the processing speed was fast at that time.
Currently its very slow. Labor process itself is taking around 7-11 months. Last yr it was taking around 1 month for Labor.