Attempted early FP at Newark & Hackensack

istrategist

Registered Users (C)
... in a nutshell - did not fly

long story version: VSC - TSC transfer case, FPs were apparently requested on April 18, never received notices, nor did our lawyer. Numerous calls to TSC IO later, one of them promised to reschedule FPs for us. We never received our copies of FP2, but our lawyer received notices last week and sent it to us for appt on Tuesday 7/25 at Newark ASC. Since I had work in California this week, thought I'd try to do early FP today, Saturday 7/21.

Reached by 8 am at the Newark ASC. The lady at the entrance refused to entertain us: "Sir if you can't make your appointment date and time, please reschedule. We can't do it today". Did not even want to see my flight and hotel itinerary.

Went to the Hackensack ASC to try it there - less busy there. There were 2 people waiting for FPs besides us. The guard took our letter and ID to the supervisor. Supervisor said that they could not do it today, but we could walk in any Wednesday and they would be willing to accommodate us even though we were supposed to do it at Newark.

Got rid of our frustration by some big ticket shopping after that.

I think what pisses me off is that in our professional lives, we go out of our way, go the extra mile for our clients / work (no reward, no appreciation most of the time), and in return get the "by the book" treatment without human consideration in a case like this. I will end up missing key client meetings this week, and tick my project manager off because of having to go for FPs on Tuesday, but hey, this time I'm going to look after myself and make sure I don't have to reschedule.

This is my case - others have managed to walk in without FP notices and had their biometrics done, so it does vary from ASC to ASC.