Atlanta Timeline

Interview Update

Hello d sm,

We hope you had a good experience today. Will you please tell us about it when you get a chance? Thank you.

Call INS Help line

Kim

I always had that bad dream.. loosing the green card just when you need it.

Call the 1-800 number and ask them for advise.

Good Luck.

Atlanta Interview Times

Hi:
I applied in Jan 2002 for citizenship. and my Fp were done on april 20th, when can I expect for the interview to happen ? is there a an approximate time after FP, that interview is done in Atlanta. ?

Thanking you
Raj.

Misplaced/Lost GreenCard

Well, don\'t you know it, my fiance has misplaced and may have even have lost his green card. What can be done at this point in the game? He is due to re-fingerprinted on Jun 19th, as his fingerprints expired on Apr 26th. We are hoping that the Atl Office is now looking to close his case, but with this horrible dilemma, I\'m afraid we\'ll be set back. We do have copies of his greed card, so I guess we are wondering if that will be sufficient to at least get the second fingerprints done as scheduled. We will be calling every INS # possible today, but just wanted to pick your\'all\'s brains in the meantime. In all his 12 yrs here, he has never once lost anything INS or govt related, why now!! I swear evil forces are running amuck in the Atlanta air these days!!

Thanks in advance for any advice. We have been waiting since 12/14/00 and are nearly at the end of our rope.

Kim

ATTN: d sm!!!

I was recommanded for final appoval (A)..
now can you answer my question??
Thanks..

gt7773b

gt

I think you should get your oath ceremony call any time now. I am surprised you have not recieved it so far. If we go by previous interview and oath ceremnoy timing experience, you must be a citizen in the next 30-60days.

Congrats.

Please post a message here once you recieve your letter.

Thanks.

d sm

chaudiah - You May Be Correct.

Yes I think you are correct in assuming that the applications of those who have been waiting for long is not "normal". All of these guys have had some thing or the other which is not typical, like name change, divorce, re marriage, out of status, etc.. etc...

I think once these are found they are sidelined for special processing by "hand" and hence the delay I assume. [my theory..not a fact].

Despite this I think applicants who have to go through Texas Service Center AND Atlanta district office are the most unlucky ones, because Atlanta office [ do not blame the Texas Service Center ] is the slowest in processing the N-400 applications and hence the delay and bottle neck.

I have also found that the officers who process these may not neccessarily know how the sysytem works. Becuase in my interview I was told that same day oath has been stopped because of the new law requiring the IRBS check.

But when I read the INS bulletin on this, it is clearly said citizenship processing is excempt from the new law, all other applications including green cards have to have a final IRBS check before approval.

To prove the above is true, I read a post by some one applying in NewJersay has been asked come for interview AND OATH ceremony on the same day... in August of this year.

Strange why the officer would lie, or is it he was ill-informed?

In any case my sympathies to one and all who has to go through Texas Service Center and Atlanta office.... they are slow.

The long delay group of people

Dear d sm:
I emphathize with the plight of having to wait this long. When you say we are in this long delay group, is it random or the application has any complications and hence the delay. Just curious.

Chaudiah

I have bad news about oath ceremony

here is what I heard from a immigration lawyer in atlanta:
Dear Jay,

Would you believe that the official answer from Atlanta INS on this question is, "we don\'t know." I have asked this question several times, when I\'ve accompanied clients to their naturalization interviews.

As of 3-4 months ago, they were doing same-day swearing in ceremonies. However, because of installation of new security checking procedures, they stopped doing the same-day ceremonies, and now have a backlog of several months. They will not begin doing the ceremonies again until the INS staff has fully been trained with the procedures, and all pending files are re-cleared.

So...if I had to take a guess, I would say anytime between 2-6 months, but it\'s a mystery.

Bonnie Youn
Immigration (Employment & Family Based)
Domestic Relations, Business Closings

gt

gt

I think the Atlanta INS office is NOT giving the true information. Since how can it be that in New Jersey, they can send out letters for same day interview and oath, as seen in the following link. But in Atlanta alone, they need to recheck the IBIS, before oath. And they state there is a new law in effect forcing INS to recheck.

If that is true, then how come in New Jersey they do not recheck. So some one is not telling the truth.

In any case please let us know when you get your oath date.

Thanks.

sri75 "N-400 Time line for Newark, NJ" 6/21/02 10:58am>

Atlanta I-485 Processing

Hi, I sent in my I-485/I-130 (relative-based) to Atlanta in Nov 2001. Have not yet received any receipt. However received the AP in a month and EAD in two months. Any advice? How to find out the status? Thanks.
Jiaweide

Atlanta still have same day oath

so weird...
Some says they had about 2 weeks ago interview and oath on same day..

Does any one have any news about oath in Atlanta recently??

oath letter/be careful when you change your address

I received oath letter today for 25th of July, 2002..
here is my timeline.

PD:5/23/2001
FP:Aug/2001
Interview: 5/14/2002
oath:7/25/2002

But... oath letter came to my old address even though I changed my address on the day of my interview(5/14)...
When you change your address, make sure you keep contact with your old address at least 6month...

Good luck everyone in this group..

gt7773/jay

Jay Kim Congrats

Congrats Jay kim

Glad you finally got your oath date.

I am still waiting to hear. I went for my interview roughly a month after you. So hopefully I should get my oath in the next few weeks.

Thanks for posting your dates.

Jay Kim Question For You

Jay

Question for you. If you do not mind can you please dial the Texas service center number and tell us if your application is still being held as "pending".. ie .. the recording says it will take up to 990 days or so for this kind of application to be sorted out.

If you call after 8 p.m eastern time there should be no waiting time at all... the number is 214-381-1423.

If you do not want to call we would understand.

Thanks in advance.

d sm:

I donot think that one can check the status of citizenship applications over the telephone. This was the case the last time I checked.

My times are as follows:

ATLanta

applied Jan 15th

FP: April 17

Waiting for interview letter...

Any guess how long is it taking in ATL now days ?

Raj.

By that I mean using the automated system...Yes live help is available, but automated system doesnot have that information

Automated System

The reason I wanted Kim to check the automated system is...

From previous expreience, ONCE the file is processed and sent to Atlanta, the refrence number.. disappears in the automated system.

When you check at this stage,it should say the number is not found.

I am just confirming my previous expreience. If the file is not completely processed, I guess the automated system will continue to say the wait time is 990 days.. I guess.

Just wanting to validate the above.

Raj, your wait time is anywhere between 9 months to 3 years.

Good Luck.

Texas Sercice Center Calling Times

D sm, :

Any idea when is the best time to call texas service center.

The Line is always busy?? when ever I have called.

My N400 application has only been pending for 7 months as I applied in mid jan, is it worth to call them at this stage ?

Thanks