Atlanta Timeline for N-400

muddin1

Registered Users (C)
Please post the information about the N-400 processing time in Atlanta. The other Atlanta timeline topics got all old information that is not so essential to know now. Besides, it is hard to find a new posting because of the so many postings. Thanks for your co-operation. And I am going to go to Altanta INS office this week. Does anyone want me to ask them any questions for you?

HI

HI Muddin

I am one of those unfortunate persons whose papers seems to have got stuck with a "not" so conscentious and efficient person at either Texas Service center or at the Atlanta district office.

I have been waiting since July of 2000. My finger print expired and went for refinger printing 2 weeks ago. My friends wife who applied in Aug of 2001 got her interview call in the same district last week.

My wife who applied with me in July 2000 got her citizenship in 5 months. So I have no ohter explanation as to why I am not recieving my interview call yet.

And I have no clue if any one can do anything about it.. but pray.

Even an attorney can only write to the INS requesting updates about my case.. but UNLESS the individual sitting on my case file decides to move my file .. it seems I have no chance in hell to see the interview letter any time soon.

This is especially of concern because Texas Service Center has updated its time [official] to 2 - 3 years as of last month.

If you can find anything during your visit please let me know. I also live VERY far away.. to take time off and to go to Atlanta is very difficult.

Any help and information is appreciated.

Thanks
DSM

What Happened?

Hi Muddin

Did you go to the Atlanta office?. Please update us. I am also thinking of going to Atlanta if I do not hear from them in another month. I have been waiting for now 2 years for my interview. Any help or information is appreciated.
Thanks.

No Title

Hi,
Sorry for being late. I feel very bad after I read your pathetic story. I did go to Atlanta INS office but could not get any right answer. I had to wait 4 hours before I talked to the so-called customer service. Since I am planning to apply for citizenship next month, I asked the customer service for the processing time for N-400. She said it will take 2-3 years. I met three different customer service representatives but all of them told me the same although I went there last month and they told me it will take 1-2 years. I then heard from someone else that now they are processing all applications including old applications very fast, but they are discouraging everybody so they won\'t get so many people everyday for customer services. I don\'t know how far you live from Atlanta;however, I will suggest you to come to Atlanta whenever you can and see them because you might get a good and helpful answer. I heard one applicant who had been waiting for 2 years went to INS office and asked them for his interview. They let him take the test in the morning and oath in the evening on the same day. Since there is lots of back logs, INS is trying to get rid of old applicants asap. Therefore, INS is processing all old application randomly,whoever gets in touch with them, they try to get rid of him/her. Good luck.

No Title

Hi,
I have applied augast 2000. I went to atlanta office this morning. they told me my fingerprint has been expired and since my application is still pending they cannot scheduled for anothe fingerprint. I don\'t what should I do ?

syed hussein

syed

I am trying to communicate with you. I have been leaving messages for you in atleast 3 different files.. :)

Looks like we are in the same boat. Stay in touch... and please let me know more in detail as to what happened in Atlanta. Since if I do not hear from these folks soon, I am also planning to go to Atlanta and ask if anything can be done.

dsm

Hi syed

I do not know if this will be of help to you or not. I applied for my own citizenship in Aug.2000, just last year February, I was sent a letter saying the things that I need to bring with me to the interview but the letter never include the interview date. I am still very worried and I really do not know what to do. I called INS 800 number and they told me it will take 2 years to process N400 in Atlanta. Should you here something soon, feel free to share it with me.
Oluyi

Keep me posted too

I do not know if this will be of help to you or not. I applied for my own citizenship in Aug.2000, just last year February, I was sent a letter saying the things that I need to bring with me to the interview but the letter never include the interview date. I am still very worried and I really do not know what to do. I called INS 800 number and they told me it will take 2 years to process N400 in Atlanta. Should you here something soon, feel free to share it with me.
Oluyi

got interview letter today for july 2002

I applied in jan 02 had fd done in march 02 and today I received interview letter
looks like the atlanta office is speeding up processing

gud luck to all

rbhatt

I wont be surprised if you are a female. Becuase it appears Atlanta processes female applicants faster. In any case when is your interview date.

Just so as to know how long it takes for the actual interview from recieving the notice for interview.

Thanks in advance.

dsm

Atlanta INS did not have papers!

I applied in Aug 2000 in N. Calif. Got my fingerprinting and interview dates fairly quickly - March 26, 2002 date. The interviewer did not have my papers from Calif and cancelled the interview indefinitely. I have no idea when they will call me again for an interview.
If anyone is in this position, let me know what can be done? I don\'t have a lawyer, doing this myself. Everything seemed going fine until now..

D sm

No I am not a female and I know many such applicants who do not have access to this board had their processing done within 1 year since 1999 at Atlanta INS. many of the applicants on this forum have some kind of problem which they are not discussing clearly but I have been living in Atlanta since 1993
gud luck to you all

No Title

I agree with you. I know some applicants who have been waiting forever for interview. The reall matter of fact that some of the applicants who have been waiting for a long time came to the U.S. illegally and somehow got green card. Usually it does not take so long for an applicant to be citizen who came here completely legally.

I am surprised by all these delay!!!

Hey, guys.You might want to check with the TX svc center.I know that it\'s hard to get them on the phone but try.Or at least, write them.
I applied at the Atlanta office in october last year,did my finger rint on jan-22, got my letter of interview lastweek of march.The interview will be in june.

Goodluck guys.