Atlanta Stamping..

RTN27

Registered Users (C)
I have been a silent watcher of this forum, from which I have learned a lot on immigration issues. Mine and my wife's I-485 has been approved on 09-28-04(ND 02/11/2003). We have been to Atlanta Office this morning thru infopass and got I-551 stamped.

MY WIFE HAS GIVEN INCORRECT ZIP CODE OF OUR HOME ADDRESS ON I-89 FORM, WHICH WE WERE ASKED TO FILL UP. IS THERE A WAY TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM. PLEASE ADVISE.

Once again Thank You All. I sincerely wish Best Of Luck for others, specifically 2002 filers.

Regards,
RTN

RTN,

Why didn't your wife correct the zip code at the time she filled out the rest of the form? Also, when I got my PP stamped (Oct 12, Charlotte), I wasn't asked to fill out the I-89 form. The officer took my index finger FP and made me sign on a blank form -- I assumed that she herself was going to fill out the rest of the form. Now you've got me all worried -- what if she sends back to TSC either the blank signed form, or even worse, an incorrectly filled out form?

RTN27 said:
I have been a silent watcher of this forum, from which I have learned a lot on immigration issues. Mine and my wife's I-485 has been approved on 09-28-04(ND 02/11/2003). We have been to Atlanta Office this morning thru infopass and got I-551 stamped.

MY WIFE HAS GIVEN INCORRECT ZIP CODE OF OUR HOME ADDRESS ON I-89 FORM, WHICH WE WERE ASKED TO FILL UP. IS THERE A WAY TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM. PLEASE ADVISE.

Once again Thank You All. I sincerely wish Best Of Luck for others, specifically 2002 filers.

Regards,
RTN

If She(my wife) was aware of the fact that, an incorrect zipcode is written, She would have corrected it. Anyhow, mistakes do happen. I am in the process of finding a solution... And I know it is pain. Trying to find out, if any body has a solution for this problem.

Regarding your worry: We did not fillup the form in which our finger prints and signature were taken. We were asked to fillup a word document named as I-89 with information like A#, Address, Date of Birth, orignal port of entry etc..

My understanding is that, this information was supposed to be filled by Immigration officer, but somehow, they decided to get this done by us.

So you don't need to worry. Have Fun.

Regards,
RTN

RTN27

I don't think there is any way to get it corrected but I believe that its not going to affect anything. They do have your right address in their database and if your A# on the form is correct everything will be fine. Don't worry, you will get the card soon.

budboy, we were at the Atlanta office for stamping I551 last week and we too did not fill out any form. We were asked to give our fingerprints and sign just like you. What's happening here? Why the difference ? Anyone can shed some light??Its really got me worried!!

Budboy & ADDTX -

There is nothing to worry, relax..........

If you get the approval letter at the right address then you will get the card at the same address, either you fill up the address on the form or not. I think the most important thing is your A#.

In my case, the lady filled (copied) the informations on her own from the computer.