Atlanta SESA Tracker

question to Z2

Hi, Is your application filed with Georgia Sesa or some other state SESA?

Is the case number only assigned to the application when it is forwarded from state level to the federal DOL level? I checked the I-750 A and B, there is no employer Tax ID filled in any of the box. I wonder where we submit the tax ID so that federal DOL uses it for tracking purposes?

No Title

1. Atlanta, Georgia
2. You can get your employer\'s tax ID at your W-2 form or the application form for your H1. I don\'t know if it is on the application form for labor certificate. You can use the telephone number to track instead of tax ID.

The case number is assigned when the application is moved to Regional office.

Bureaucratic pigs @#%$##@@@!

What the heck is going on in Georgia!. We the tax payers, so called H1 slaves paying so much tax and we dont get any positive response from INS and Dept of Labor. We deserve more respect, write letters to news papers and local Polititions urging help. There are many good people even in south too. Let us shed the evil red tape. Its aweful even april month is not cleared in SESA. Please make some sensible noise, its every ones duty.

when did you last check

When did you last check with GA SESA? Back in Dec. they were processing the large number of applications due to 245(i). I guess no progress was made throughout the holiday season. I called GA SESA, but they were not willing to give information to the applicant. The first time I called, they did tell me that they were logging the last few days of April\'s cases into the computer. That does not mean processing them though. But gave no information on the second call. Have any of your lawyers checked recently?

RIR cases are supposed to be processed within 6 months. Now it have been more than 7 months.

No Title

245i is for INS, it may affect I-140 or I-485,but
it has nothing to do with DOL.

Correction Z2

All the delay you see n processing times of DOL is due to 245i.
The law was that any person who was out of status and filed labor
before 31 April could legally stay by paying a $ 1000 fine.
There was a mad rush to file Labor by that deadline.
And even regular people are stuck in that backlog.

Its too much....

Still Atlanta Sesa is processing 4/29 cases(RIR). Hence within last three month they processed only 4 days case. We should now start looking this matter seriously. Can anybody let me know who is the right authority to speak to expedite this matter....We need help from
higher authority to speak atlanta SESA.

confusing 8/01/2001

from the url you provided, GA SESA is processing RIR cases filed on or before 8/01/2001. It is conflicting with the fact that they are still processing 4/29/01 cases. Or did I misunderstand it? How do I read this information?

No Title

check the immigration.com listing for Atl Sesa today....Atl still processing just 4/29 cases...no doubt about it...

No Title

I called yesterday, they told me they were processing 4/26/01 cases.
where did you get that 4/29?

what 4/29?

from immigration.com, check date as 1/10/2002, I saw GA sesa processing date is 4/27/2001. I don\'t even see 4/29/2001?????

No Title

Yes you guys are right...Atl Sesa is processing 4/27 cases. But did you asked them why they are so slow???. The 245(I) is not the real issue. I think they must expidite this process.

Filed on 06\'2001

Hi there,

I am on EB2, nothing\'s happening out there in GA SESA.
Its good to see all these messages here!

Who to turn to, How to expedite
No one answers the phone at SESA.

I know some of you have waited even longer than me, what to do really here?. I can reach out if someone knows what needs to be done.

We all pay taxes don\'t we? :)

action items

I am not sure exactly what you mean by "reaching out".

But specifically here is a suggestion for what needs to be done. GA SESA could adopt a process where they reallocate some resource to process cases due to 245(i) and continue to have resource available to process non-245(i) cases providing that they could differentiate 245(i)and non-245(i) filings. It makes no sense to let 245(i) cases be the bottleneck and push out other cases into infinite.

cp or aos afterwards

Hi, Guys/Gals,
Have you all decided after getting your labor cleared eventually, are you going to go with counselor processing or adjustment of status to get your final green card? The processing time is awfully long with TSC. There is actually discussion about cp versus aos on the discussion board. If you are not familiar with it, please do some research. Because if you choose to go with CP, you have to specify that on your I-140.

No Title

Message from my attorney:

"They told me that they are currently issuing receipt notices for RIR applications received April 30, 2001. They are processing cases received April 26, 2001".