Atlanta Regional DOL Tracker

Please Advice

I received this copy from my attorney which states that "This is to notify that the above application was forwarded to the US Dept of Labor Regional Certifying officer" With his contact no.

Dated : 06-27-2003.
Case No : GA 030.xxx

Q : Does that mean - my file has been received in the Regional Office on 06-27-2003 ?
Q : Should I be looking for my Labor cleared in the month of June '03.

What questions am I supposed to ask my attorney/Employer to get more clarity.

Please advice.
Thanks folks.

my case

My case was forwarded to Atlanta from FL on August 12th, 2003. I haven't received anything from DOL, I think it may still in Atlanta after I read all the info in this forum. How long will they clear all these cases in Altanta? Before March 28th? Anyone get idea?

sleepinglily said:
My case was forwarded to Atlanta from FL on August 12th, 2003. I haven't received anything from DOL, I think it may still in Atlanta after I read all the info in this forum. How long will they clear all these cases in Altanta? Before March 28th? Anyone get idea?
You need contact your lawyer to get your case number. As for how long they will clear all these cases in Atlanta Before March 28th, they will clear it anyway. Unfortunately, they have not cleared all May 2003 cases yet, PU!

Please advice

I am sorry to repeat my question here .....Help me answer these question.Wud do lots of help ...

I received this copy from my attorney which states that "This is to notify that the above application was forwarded to the US Dept of Labor Regional Certifying officer" With his contact no.

Q : Does that mean - my file has been received in the Regional Office on 06-27-2003 ?

Please advice.
Thanks in advance folks.

Check if your case is available at http://archive.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp. If you find it, then DOL received date is 06-27-2003

GCdreamzz said:
I am sorry to repeat my question here .....Help me answer these question.Wud do lots of help ...

Please advice.
Thanks in advance folks.

Thanks TempeBelle

Thanks TempeBelle for a detailed reply, as was expeted from you.
I guess we should be waiting for the 45 day letter from Philly BEC. My hope is to see that letter no later than end of March, what do U think?
I agree with your observation about the lawyers, they are worthless money suckers. Anyways, I wanted to see if you could give me some advise about my situation.
I am in my 7th year, and waiting for LC approval pretty bad. I do have an option to at least try and change empoyers. My question is once if I change employers can I use my LC's PD to apply for susequent extensions or the only way I would have is to file a brand LC using PERM thru my new employer and hope for a speedy approval?
Or would it be better to wait and see how BEC pans out? What about converting the existing LC to PERM, what challenges and risks would be involved there?
BTW should we post updates in the Philly BEC thread from now on, or just continue posting here.
Good to hear from you. Hope all of us get out of this H hell soon.
frog

well the only good things that i can think of inspite of the fact that my case will be at the bottom of pile in philly brc ( PD mar,2004, tranferred to atlanta aug2004) is
1. even though there is a backlog ,unfortunately not everyone of those 200,000cases will be still there ( unfortunately some would have gone home)
2. some would convert to perm and loose their PD
3.there is still a separate que for rir and non rir
just thinking poistive at 2 am in morning,.',.[],./.]k,.

Gc Dreemzz,
It means that your case reached Atlanta DOL on June 27th 2003. Do not worry about the database . Most of the cases are not updated in that database. Ask your attorney or employer to see if your case is still in Atl. If so, it will be cleared in a couple of weeks.My received date was 6/23/2003. It got cleared last month.

Labor Certified !!!!

damn it...it took 2.25 years to get thru this process. my labor was certified last week. will be opting for CP.
FYI...............My case was fwded to ATL on June 6, 2003.

Congragulations... very good news from you.
Good luck for your CP.
nishokie said:
damn it...it took 2.25 years to get thru this process. my labor was certified last week. will be opting for CP.

AwardMyGC said:
JustWatching,

I believe this is a clerical error.

You mentioned:

PD: Date your labor certification was approved at STATE SWA

Correction:

PD: Date your labor certification was filed with State SWA

Thanks and Keep up the good work.

AwardMyGC.

You are right!

Status List

Hi Nishokie, Congrats, thanks for updating the forum!
Guys, I have updated the status list. Please try to keep it current.
- Dru

nishokie said:

status update?

It will be nice if you can update your status to the forum

jun03 Jun 6 2003
GC_Ven-Friend Jun 13 2003
labor_jun2003 Jun 23 2003
atl0624 Jun 26 2003
USAINDIA Jun 27 2003
GC_Ven Jun 30 2003

eefrog said:
Thanks TempeBelle for a detailed reply, as was expeted from you.
I guess we should be waiting for the 45 day letter from Philly BEC. My hope is to see that letter no later than end of March, what do U think?
I agree with your observation about the lawyers, they are worthless money suckers. Anyways, I wanted to see if you could give me some advise about my situation.
I am in my 7th year, and waiting for LC approval pretty bad. I do have an option to at least try and change empoyers. My question is once if I change employers can I use my LC's PD to apply for susequent extensions or the only way I would have is to file a brand LC using PERM thru my new employer and hope for a speedy approval?
Or would it be better to wait and see how BEC pans out? What about converting the existing LC to PERM, what challenges and risks would be involved there?
BTW should we post updates in the Philly BEC thread from now on, or just continue posting here.
Good to hear from you. Hope all of us get out of this H hell soon.
frog

Hi frog,

I dont think that u would be advised to start a new app for LC, i.e. by changing jobs, as ur H1-B is renewed only for 1 year each year (and that too only if ur GC process has been underway for more than a year), provided u want to stay in US till GC is approved. At the time ur exisitng visa expires, there is no way u would have completed 1 year with the new application and therefore the visa would not be renewable / extendable.

Same for conversion to PERM - if u lose ur PD, then u could be in a soup. If u switch to PERM and later it is determined that u r not eligible under the new law, then u lose the PD. U should talk to ur attorney for more case specific information.

If u can find a new employer who is willing to hire u in future, once the GC is approved, then u could file under PERM and initiate a parallel application. Of course ur exisitng employer shouldnt hear about it :p

My frank opinion is that it looks like u r in a deeper bind than a lot of people and u may have to stick it out with ur existing application only.

While we guys dont know each other beyond the log in names, we have something in common - the uncertainty of when the 45-day letters would be received. While I am keeping tabs on both the forums, I intend to swtich over to the Philly BEC forum only after I get my 45-day letter.

So finally when do we start receiving the 45-day letters ??? My guess is end - Feb to April anytime.

WARNING GUYS reg PD

gvr123 said:
let's say september case goes to philly , when can we expect to get thee cleared...

like in 2 years ...

any one have idea????

Pls post

Hi guys,

please note that at the BEC, the cases are propsoed to be handled on a FIFO basis, based on the Priority Date, i.e. the date on which the application was filed with SWA. So the date on which it was transferred to DOL (referred to as RD) would become meaningless once the cases are transferred to the BEC. The only use for the RD would be to determine which cases go to BEC for which the cut off date is Sep 23, 2003.

In case I am wrong please do correct me

GCdreamzz said:

Please advice.
Thanks in advance folks.

Hi dreamer,

u can ask ur attorney to call ATL DOL and check the status of ur case. The phone no. can be found if u go thru the last few pages. If u have a case no. (what u have mentioned appears to be ur DOT code and not ur case no., please cross check with ur attorney), then check with the DOL officials by quoting ur case no. and dont mention any dates.

Chances are very high that ur case would have been received by ATL DOL before Sep 23, 2003 and therefore ur case would not be transferred to BEC.

Another question seems to be as by when ATL would clear backlog cases ??

Does it matter much guys ????? it may be March 28, 2005 or April 30, 2005. In any case within the next 3 months all the case with RD of Sep 23, 2003 or before at ATL DOL would have been adjudicated. In case u get RFEs, NOFs etc. then it may take a further 1 month. Chances of them giving RFEs, NOFs are unlikely as they would like to clear all cases before starting with PERM cases.

Congrats Nishokie

nishokie said:

Congrats man !!!!!!!!!!!!

Any particular reasons for opting for CP ???? and would u apply for CP after ur I-140 has been approved ?? Just curious because u seem to be the first person in a long time who is opting for CP on this forum.