Atlanta N400 interivew and same day Oath

USER12345

Registered Users (C)
Hi.

I had my interview this week in atlanta. Here is the story.

Headline..no major problems, passed within 15 minutes and did same day oath.

Details

First the building address is forsyth street sw..(southwest)..not nw (northwest). I put NW into yahoo driving directions so went to the wrong place however I had plenty of time and its jsut meant a ten minte walk to get to southwest.

There is a train MARTA beside the building I beleive 5 points station and it is downtown more or less half way between CNN and underground atlanta , a block or so to the south- Corner of Martin Luther King and Forsyth

My appointment wAs 805am and I got there 745am. No line to get into the buiding , airport style security check , state or federal photo id needed.

The building is clean and very well signposted . n400 room is upstairs.
Tip- Make sure you put your appointment letter in the tray at the window in the n400 room , you won't get called otherwise. Some people just sat down assuming they would be called at their appointment time.

I was called at 820, the interview took less than 15 miinutes. The courteous lady went thru the n400 form with me and reveified my answers. She wrote in the two foreign trips I took since applying and recalculted my total number of days out to make suire I had not broken residency requirements.

She noted I did traffic school for my speeding ticket but did not ask to see any official documentaion on it. She did ask if I had any other tickets.
She had a list of 15 civics questions and asked me 5....who elects the president, what is the head executive of a state government called, what are the requirements needed to become president, whose rights are protected by the constitution, when is the president inaugaraed. Then I wrote a simple 6 word sentence and read a short 6 word sentence.

I applied before the photograph requirement changed to front facing style so she marked me as recommeneded for approval, and told me the form would be reviewed again by another officer for approval and then showed me out to get new photos.

I went to room 100 as advised beside the reception desk at the building entrance and they did 4 new style photos $13 , no waiting line . and went back to the waiting room . - as arranged the examiner called me again after about ten minutes and I signed two of the new photos in her prescence and kept two.

Tip...bring two front facing photos with you if your application was made with the side profile style of the past.

I waited again and after half an hour someone came out with the fully approved application and the form I needed for the oath with same day appintment. I was all done by about 10am.

I left and returned for the two o clock oath ceremony. It was very nicely done and a special experience. There were 54 people from 25 countries. We saw a short video, followed by short speech from the pleasant official who then administered us the oath as a group. We then swore allegiance to the flag , were then individually handed our certification of naturalixation . To lots of applause each pesons name and home country was called out and it was a fascinating roll call of diverse nations....argentina australia, bosnia, canada, china cuba, ethiopia germany, ireland india ivory coast japan, laos, mexico, nigeria pakistan somalia Vietnam to name a few.

I was out by 315pm and was to slow to locate the post office on marietta so could not get my passport application in but will do this in a few days.

Overall a very good experience and I'm proud to be an american !

Thanks all for this board and the companionship in this process it has been a great community resource.

Best of luck!

Congratulations!

USER12345,

Congratulations on becoming a citizen!!! I am sure it was a special day for you!

Thank you for a such detailed explanation of the whole process. It is great that they are doing same day Oath (considering nothing goes wrong!) :cool:

Hopefully, the rest of us who are waiting to be naturalized, will have just as good experience as you did.

Congratulations again! :)

-Ila

USER12345 said:
Hi.

I had my interview this week in atlanta. Here is the story.

Headline..no major problems, passed within 15 minutes and did same day oath.

Details

First the building address is forsyth street sw..(southwest)..not nw (northwest). I put NW into yahoo driving directions so went to the wrong place however I had plenty of time and its jsut meant a ten minte walk to get to southwest.

There is a train MARTA beside the building I beleive 5 points station and it is downtown more or less half way between CNN and underground atlanta , a block or so to the south- Corner of Martin Luther King and Forsyth

My appointment wAs 805am and I got there 745am. No line to get into the buiding , airport style security check , state or federal photo id needed.

The building is clean and very well signposted . n400 room is upstairs.
Tip- Make sure you put your appointment letter in the tray at the window in the n400 room , you won't get called otherwise. Some people just sat down assuming they would be called at their appointment time.

I was called at 820, the interview took less than 15 miinutes. The courteous lady went thru the n400 form with me and reveified my answers. She wrote in the two foreign trips I took since applying and recalculted my total number of days out to make suire I had not broken residency requirements.

She noted I did traffic school for my speeding ticket but did not ask to see any official documentaion on it. She did ask if I had any other tickets.
She had a list of 15 civics questions and asked me 5....who elects the president, what is the head executive of a state government called, what are the requirements needed to become president, whose rights are protected by the constitution, when is the president inaugaraed. Then I wrote a simple 6 word sentence and read a short 6 word sentence.

I applied before the photograph requirement changed to front facing style so she marked me as recommeneded for approval, and told me the form would be reviewed again by another officer for approval and then showed me out to get new photos.

I went to room 100 as advised beside the reception desk at the building entrance and they did 4 new style photos $13 , no waiting line . and went back to the waiting room . - as arranged the examiner called me again after about ten minutes and I signed two of the new photos in her prescence and kept two.

Tip...bring two front facing photos with you if your application was made with the side profile style of the past.

I waited again and after half an hour someone came out with the fully approved application and the form I needed for the oath with same day appintment. I was all done by about 10am.

I left and returned for the two o clock oath ceremony. It was very nicely done and a special experience. There were 54 people from 25 countries. We saw a short video, followed by short speech from the pleasant official who then administered us the oath as a group. We then swore allegiance to the flag , were then individually handed our certification of naturalixation . To lots of applause each pesons name and home country was called out and it was a fascinating roll call of diverse nations....argentina australia, bosnia, canada, china cuba, ethiopia germany, ireland india ivory coast japan, laos, mexico, nigeria pakistan somalia Vietnam to name a few.

I was out by 315pm and was to slow to locate the post office on marietta so could not get my passport application in but will do this in a few days.

Overall a very good experience and I'm proud to be an american !

Thanks all for this board and the companionship in this process it has been a great community resource.

Best of luck!

Finally, you are able to get this monkey off of your back! Congrats!

Curious if you mention your traffic violations in your N-400 or just verbally during the interview?

asafbu said:
Finally, you are able to get this monkey off of your back! Congrats!

Curious if you mention your traffic violations in your N-400 or just verbally during the interview?

Hi

I mentioned traffic ticket in the N400 and included copy of a court document stating that I did traffic school. My call to interview letter said to bring originals of anything I had sent with the n400, so I brought the original court letter , but was not asked to show it.

regards

We also are Finished in Atlanta

My wife also finished her citizenship saga this week. I need add few details since user1234 already covered it.

Her appointment was at 10:45, and they were running a little late by the time they got to her. Her interview was probably at 11:30. It also was quite brief and straightforward. She mentioned a traffic ticket (running red light) that we did not note on the N-400, and showed proof that she paid and went to driving school. The officer did not seem interested. She did not have to show tax records or any other paperwork than what was requested on the invitation. She was questioned at length about the fact that her citizenship was in a different country than her country of birth. She explained that she was adopted internationally as a small child. They did not ask for copies of adoption papers or birth certificates (although she had these with her). The officer told her that his supervisor had to sign off on it, but she was approved. Back in the waiting room, the supervisor arrived about 12:30 - said that she was approved, gave her a paper and told her to come back at 2pm for the oath.

I noticed that some people who did not get done in time for the same-day oath were given letters to come back the next day for the oath.

The oath ceremony was moving, but I think people were still a bit guarded. Only after the first 10 or so did people begin to applaud. There was no loud celebration, but some tears were shed all 'round. 62 people from 34 countries became citizens that day in Atlanta. A very diverse group. I recall UK, Canada, Japan, China, Viet Nam, Mexico, Ethiopia, Uganda, Nigeria, Dominican Republic, Ukraine, Philipines, India, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Bangladesh, Nicaragua, Yugoslavia, ... and 15 more I've forgotten.

Thank you all for your information and support over these months that I have been tracking this forum.

God Bless America!

-Ocelot

Last edited by a moderator:
great and congrat.

my interview is on next tue. However, I do not think Santa Ana DO does same day oath, especially I requested to have my name changed.
as far as I concern, my case is moving.

Congrats to all the new citizens. We have bee around fo a while and I wish you'all good luck.

If my recollection is at place, I think midnightstorm has his interview (and hopefully) oath any day now.

Please update us.

Yalag

This is all good news friends. Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your experiences with us. I will post my experience too.

Good news

Good news friends.
I will try to keep it basic and short:
-Everybody working there tried really hard to prepare people for the same day oath. They were nice and helpful. They explain everything clearly and professionally.
-Things that you may want to take with you although it is not stated in the interview notice: Birth certificate or national ID (in addition to your passport), copies of your last 2-3 years of tax forms, especially latest one(yes I did send IRS transcripts), any bill(s) or mortgage or car title(s) that has both yours and your spouse's name on it to show you still live together.
-I recommend taking your spouse with you to the interview if she/he can come (she/he cannot get in the room with you but can be called if needed)
-Questions were from the list. Simple. English test very easy.
-There is like 10-15 minute line at the entrance of the building.
-Oath ceremony is a great experience. They were all nice and helpful.
-Thank you for the hint for taking 2 pictures with you. I did and it worked.

Good luck everybody with your interviews.

midnightstorm,

I did not get it! Did you take the oath or not?1??? :confused:

BTW, are you also based on marriage to USC?

Yalag