Atlanta Local Office Interview

waitingforaos

Registered Users (C)
I just found out that Atlanta local office is taking 24 months to shcedule an interview for I485 applications. And I confirmed that the 24 months starts from the date it was transfered and not from the original receipt date as somebody had mentioned earlier.

same thing

When a case is transferred , forget about old times, it starts again.
I think is unfair , but we can not do anything,

Originally posted by waitingforaos
I just found out that Atlanta local office is taking 24 months to shcedule an interview for I485 applications. And I confirmed that the 24 months starts from the date it was transfered and not from the original receipt date as somebody had mentioned earlier.

Who told you this? The reason I mention this is that the fax I received from my Congressman's office clearly had my I-485's Receipt Date correct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called the national 1-800 number. The lady who asnwered the phone was very nice. Whne she told me that it takes 24 months I told her that I was told that its 24 months from the original receipt date. On which she read which said 24 months after the transfer date.
I think this is rediculous and we need to do something. I would say why don't one of you try and find out if the information I got is correct and if so we should write to the congressman or the mayor and bring this to their attention as its absolutely unfair to wait another 12 months when we have all already waited over 24 months.

Any suggestions/comments

I called the national 1-800 number. The lady who asnwered the phone was very nice. Whne she told me that it takes 24 months I told her that I was told that its 24 months from the original receipt date. On which she read which said 24 months after the transfer date.

You called NCSC for information?? LOL For a second there you had me worried. ;)

NCSC doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. I called the 1-800 number months ago and got the same thing, and when I called my Congressman's office the lady just laughed and said they were full of it. Atlanta BCIS told me that they process based on original receipt date, not transfer date, and I'm more inclined to believe them.

Have a drink and relax. :)

therealcanadian

Can you give me the number you called to get the information from the Atlanta Local office. I would like to call them as its been passed 740 date(RD July 2001) and I haev still not heard anything. I was planning on going to the local office personally but if they ahev a number that would do the trick then nothing like it.

Thank You

Re: therealcanadian

Can you give me the number you called to get the information from the Atlanta Local office. I would like to call them as its been passed 740 date(RD July 2001) and I haev still not heard anything.

I spoke to my Congressman's office. Which reminds me, I should call them again.

atlanta office do not take calls. I was looking for their numbers my self. No luck yet. You get more info if you go personally..

Interview update

I visited the Atlanta local office yesterday as its been passed 740 days from the RD. They wouldnot commment on that but just said that they are processing May 2001 cases and donot know how long it will take fro them to process my case which is July 2001. I didnot go there with high hopes to begin with as from my past experience I knew it was useless going there. But anyways I am going to contact the Senator's office and find out if they can atleast get me a time frame as to how much longer do I have to wait for an interview.