Atlanta,GA - waiting for an Interview (10+ months)

stallam

Registered Users (C)
Myself and my wife have applied for US Citizenship in Janurary 2004, and got our finger prints done in March 2004, and we haven't received any interview date yet.. From what I see in other posts, looks like my case is taking lot longer than what others have experienced...

Post Date : January 10th, 2004
Received Date : January 24th 2004, January 28th 2004 (wife)
Finger Print : March 6th 2004, March 16th 2004 (wife)

Our greend card will expire in August 2005.. wondering if I need to proceed for renewal of GC..

We think our case is straight forward (no complications..) in and out of country on vacation (less than 30 days) few times.. few traffic tickets..

I've been in the country for 13 years, and my wife 10 years (Indian citizens)

Any thoughts on what I should be doing to check the status, or to expedite the process (some threads have talked about approaching senator.. )..

Thanks in advance for your replies...

Get an appointment with the local office

Hi,

I would suggest you schedule an InfoPass appointment with your local office to talk to an immigration officer. That might help in one of two ways (or possibly both):

1. It may actually trigger a send-out of your interview letter.
2. At the very least, the immigration officer will be able to tell you the current status of your application - e.g. have all your security checks cleared (fingerprinting/namecheck/other). Also, he/she may be able to tell you how long to wait before expecting your interview letter.

Good luck!

Infopass appointment

Thanks rajatgupta75 for your input... Got an appointment with local district office on January 13 '05... Will provide an update after I meet with the immigration officer...

Thanks again !

Got Interview letter - Feb 23' 05

Just got an interview letter for Feb 23 '05... Looks like requesting "Infopass" did trigger something at INS, and they sent me interview letter...

Still waiting for my wife's interview date.. (She also has an Infopass appointment .. may be we will get that in few days)..

Thanks again rajatgupta75 for your excellent suggestion...

Thanks...

Waiting for an Interview for Past 3 Months in Atlanta

Stallam,

Me and my wife have been waiting for an interview for past 3 months. My fingerprints have been cleared by FBI. I have asked for FOI for my name check just this past week. I am just wondering shall I request an infopass for my case too or wait a little longer. Since you had a good experience with infopass, I am thinking it might trigger some thing or at least I will get some more information about my case. My priority date is August 16, 2004.

Regards,
MM

Last edited by a moderator:
Infopass may help...

Hi MM,

After posting my earlier note, I checked all the dates...

I requested infopass interview on Dec 30 '04.. where as the notice date of interview letter sent was on Dec 29 '04... So I'm not sure if Infopass triggered this or not...I don't think it would hurt to go thru Infopass appointment...

What process did you follow to check "Finger print and Name check"..? I may need to do the same for my wife's application..

Regards,
Sam.

Sam,

I have called the FBI finger print status at (202) 625-2000. I downloaded the FOIPA form from FBI website and faxed it to (202) 324-3752.

Regards,
MM

MM1000 said:
Sam,

I have called the FBI finger print status at (202) 625-2000. I downloaded the FOIPA form from FBI website and faxed it to (202) 324-3752.

Regards,
MM

MM1000,

Did you get to nortarize the FOIPA form prior to faxing? I think the phone number in the PDF document does suggest to do so.

StAllam,
Congratulations man! I hope with the end of this process INS/USCIS makes an exit of our lives! Also, did you do any InfoPass prior to Dec, 2004 request?

Received FOIA Reply from FBI

asafbu,

I have received a reply of my my FOIA request. It took only ten days. Thats not bad.

Regards,
MM

MM1000 said:
asafbu,

I have received a reply of my my FOIA request. It took only ten days. Thats not bad.

Regards,
MM

10 days is really fast. I have faxed my husband's on December 20th, and I am still waitng.
As for INFOPASS... Just making an appointment with the DO does not trigger anything, your going to DO and finding out things - might! My case was not complicated at all, but I waited for the interview for 2 years.

MM1000 said:
asafbu,

Regards,
MM

Thanks for an update, MM1000!
I wont hesitate to make an INFOPASS appointment. It may trigger something or it may not - who knows! The bottom line is we must do all those lil things which might help our cases!

My timeline

PD: 2/3/04
FD: 3/04
Still waiting for interview letter....

The fact that processing time for the Atlanta office has stuck on 12/29/03 for the last 4, 5 months really frustrates me. Did you guys reveal traffic tickets on your application? I wonder if this delayed my case. Thanks.

Question for Stallam

Hi Stallam,

When you recently received your interview letter, what was shown on the CIS online case status?

Good luck on your interview in February.

More on Atlanta Delay

Hi guys,

I'm really glad to find this forum. It helps to know I'm not alone in this.

My wife applied n400 in May 2004 - filed through TX service center, but was forwarded to ATL. She went for fingers in July. Nothing since then. I too have been look at those stuck dates for the last few months.

Her case does not come up on the on-line case status (tho I haven't checked for a couple of months).

So, we're stuck too.

Frustratin', aint it?

-Ocelot

Last edited by a moderator:
Ocelot said:
Her case does not come up on the on-line case status (tho I haven't checked for a couple of months).

-Paul

I filed on August 04 and my case was online after about a month and a half. You better check this thing up 'cause your wife is supposed to be online too ( I mean her case...)

Take care,

frustrated in Atlanta,
Yalag

Case Status

Hi DW2005,

Online check of my case status at "USCIS Case status service", still says...

<<<
Your N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION was received on January 21, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 750 and 999 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
>>>

Looks like this is a standard status update....

Thanks.