Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

Nyali , wazimo, sicce, calhoun - Did the online status changed for you for oath?

I had my interview on 1nov ..mine still shows 'testing and interview'..

Nyali , wazimo, sicce, calhoun - Did the online status changed for you for oath?

I had my interview on 1nov ..mine still shows 'testing and interview'..

In our case the IO gave us our oath letters straight after the interview, our online status still read's "testing and interview", even though we have already been for our oaths. So the online status is not always reliable.

FP notice received 11/21/2011. FP Appointment Date 12/09/2011.

Any recent filers from Atlanta area, please post your time lines here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fingerprints/Biometrics done as scheduled - 12/09/2011.

It looks like Atlanta is slower than many other centers.

Online status changed to 'In line for interview scheduling' - 12/13/2011

It seems no Atlanta filers on this community except me.

You're not alone.
I registered this to say this.
I changed my name and it was a big mistake.
I tried to redo it with infopass 2 weeks after interview, but it was too late.
Infopass is useless.
I hope my Oath ceremony in early February

Thanks todolyee for posting on this thread.

I would hope and pray that you get oath ceremony scheduled soon. Please keep us posted.

Filing for my wife's N-400 Application

DO: Atlanta, GA

12/27/2011 (Day 00): Sent Application via USPS First Class Certified Mail to Dallas Lockbox
12/30/2011 (Day 03): Application Received
01/03/2012 (Day 07): Check Cashed
01/05/2012 (Day 09): Email and Confirmation Text Received

Yet to come...
01/XX/2012 (Day XX): I-797 Notice of Action Received by Mail
01/XX/2012 (Day XX): Email Received about Finger Print Letter
01/XX/2012 (Day XX): Finger Print Letter in Mail
01/XX/2012 (Day XX): Finger Prints done (Walk-In)
01/XX/2012 (Day XX): Online Status Changed to Testing and Interview
02/XX/2012 (Day XX): Yellow Letter Received in Mail
02/XX/2012 (Day XX): Interview Letter Received in Mail
03/XX/2012 (Day XX): Interview
03/XX/2012 (Day XX): Oath Ceremony
04/XX/2012 (Day XX): Passport Applied
04/XX/2012 (Day XX):passport Received

Recent Naturalization graduates from Atlanta,

Some centers re-introduced (starting Jan 2012) same day oath ceremonies in field offices itself. Just wondering if any one from Atlanta got that option. Please let us know..

Thanks in Advance,

Recent Naturalization graduates from Atlanta,

Some centers re-introduced (starting Jan 2012) same day oath ceremonies in field offices itself. Just wondering if any one from Atlanta got that option. Please let us know..

Just to keep fellow Atlanta filers posted, I had my interview on 2/6/2012 morning, I passed and I got "Congratulations, your application is recommended for approval." letter at the end :)

I arrived at uscis office and went through security clearance. On first floor, they have counter from where I took my token/Q# and they told me to go on second floor. I went there and waited for about 30 minutes before interviewer lady came out and called my number. She took me inside and on they way to her office, we greeted each other and she mentioned that I had nice smile on my face. In other words, she was nice and friendly. she tried to make me comfortable.

Once we reached to her office, she asked me to remain standing and swear-in that I will tell the truth. Right after I sworn in, she asked me to bring out my GC, DL and Passport(s). She went over application with me and reviewed entire application. Few questions along the way but nothing major or didn't ask for any documents/proof. Also no corrections were needed so nothing major on that part except review and check marks. Please note that the file she had was much bigger than what I had sent with N400 package so I am assuming that they might have historical documents since I came to US.

After review, she went over English test as shown below:
Reading: When is Columbus Day?
Writing: Columbus Day is in October.

and Civic test questions as shown below:
  1. What does the President’s Cabinet do?
  2. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
  3. Name one branch or part of the government
  4. We elect a U.S. Senator for how many years?
  5. What did the Declaration of Independence do?
  6. If both the President and the Vice President can no longer serve, who becomes President?
I answered all 6 right so she didn't go further.

BTW, all these questions were pre-printed and as I answered them she put her comments or wrote answers I gave and at the bottom, she checked 'passed' and signed. I was in and out in about 10 minutes from interview room & in and out of USCIS building in about 60-75 minutes. It was nice overall experience. They don't do same day oath ceremony except for some exceptions.

On next day (02/07/2012), online case status changed to 'In que for oath scheduling'. Now countdown starts for oath letter and ceremony:) I think, it would take about 4-6 weeks based on Atlanta time lines.

Good luck to all,

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Naturalization Schedule for 2012 - Atlanta

2012 Court Naturalization Schedule - Atlanta (For those who opt for Name Change option)

• February 10, 2012
  • March 23, 2012 - Ceremony to take place in the Rome Division
  • April 13, 2012
  • June 8, 2012
  • August 10, 2012
  • September 14, 2012 - Ceremony to take place in the Rome Division
  • October 12, 2012
  • December 7, 2012

or you can check link below:
http://www.gand.uscourts.gov/naturalization/

Oath Taking Ceremony in Georgia

Hi Osheth,

What about to those applicant that don't change their name, do you any information about the schedule for Oath Taking Ceremony. Usually this will be held in the National Archieve in Morrow, GA.

Thanks

Hi Osheth,

What about to those applicant that don't change their name, do you any information about the schedule for Oath Taking Ceremony. Usually this will be held in the National Archieve in Morrow, GA.

Thanks

I tried calling National Archives to see if they publish schedules and answer was no :(

I checked with interviewer about locations and she had mentioned 1) 2150 Parklake Dr, Atlanta, GA 30345 and 2) National Archives in Morrow, GA so it could be either of those.

If you find out more info, please share. Good Luck,