Atlanta GA - N-400 Timeline

I guess the question would be, once I'm past the published timeline on the USCIS site, are there any steps that can be taken to expedite it?

1. You can call the USCIS customer service and request for an update on your case. They will initiate in inquiry on your case. Based on what I read on this forum, this approach may not really yield any useful results.
2. You can always schedule an Infopass and find out where the delay is. There is a mixed feeling on this forum for this option as well.

Looking at your time line it looks like you may be stuck in the FBI name check. If so, there are multiple options that various forum members suggested on this forum. There is a sticky thread on the US citizenship main page that goes through all the options. For the most part, people have tried senators, congressmen, first lady etc... Different approaches seemed to have yielded different results to the forum members.

There are a gizillion factors that could be involved in how they schedule interviews, but some of the major ones are:

1) Security Clearances & backgrond investgation: Name checks, FP, etc: If you have a Muslim, Chinese, African or east European name/nationality, it takes A LOT longer

2) File location: Does your file need to be moved from one loc. to another?

3) Volume within the SC and DO.

As a reference, my wife's and my appl. took 6 months from FP to Int. We got our GC in Boston and did our N400 in Texas/Austin (San Antonio DO) nearly 10 yrs. later. OTH, there are guys who got their apps. processed in 5-6 - appl. to oath!

updating my timelines

Hi,
Our N400 forms have been received and checks chached. Below are the timelines,
My husband's:
Mailed in application to TSC: 4/9/07
Received by TSC: 04/12/07
Check cashed: 04/13/07
PD: X/XX/07
ND: X/XX/07
NOA Received: XX/XX/07
FP notice Received: XX/XX/07
FP date: X/X/07
Interview and oath: XX/XX/07

Mine:
Mailed in application to TSC: 4/9/07
Received by TSC: 04/16/07
Check cashed: 04/17/07
PD: X/XX/07
ND: X/XX/07
NOA Received: XX/XX/07
FP notice Received: XX/XX/07
FP date: X/X/07
Interview and oath: XX/XX/07

Thanks
cpgc

to 485kim - a question

I saw your response to matters related to timeline - can you point me to the sticky thread you mention - I would really like to find out where I am in the process

It's close to seven weeks since FP and still have not heard anything

thanks
M
1. You can call the USCIS customer service and request for an update on your case. They will initiate in inquiry on your case. Based on what I read on this forum, this approach may not really yield any useful results.
2. You can always schedule an Infopass and find out where the delay is. There is a mixed feeling on this forum for this option as well.

Looking at your time line it looks like you may be stuck in the FBI name check. If so, there are multiple options that various forum members suggested on this forum. There is a sticky thread on the US citizenship main page that goes through all the options. For the most part, people have tried senators, congressmen, first lady etc... Different approaches seemed to have yielded different results to the forum members.

Finger print experience:

I went to my 8:00am fingerprint appointment this morning in Atlanta. Arrived 20 minutes earlier, there was a line. Almost 8am, a secuirty guard came out of the building, asking everyone to put his or her cell phone in the car!!!

Went in the building another security checked my bag and gave me a form to fill out, also checked my both palms. Filled out the form and went to the reception counter, got my # and it was quick before I even realized it was my turn. I went in at 8:00am sharp and left at 8:35am. The process was quite smooth.

Now the next step is waiting for the interview letter to show up. Wish everyone a good luck.

Finger print experience:

I went to my 8:00am fingerprint appointment this morning in Atlanta. Arrived 20 minutes earlier, there was a line. Almost 8am, a secuirty guard came out of the building, asking everyone to put his or her cell phone in the car!!!

Went in the building another security checked my bag and gave me a form to fill out, also checked my both palms. Filled out the form and went to the reception counter, got my # and it was quick before I even realized it was my turn. I went in at 8:00am sharp and left at 8:35am. The process was quite smooth.

Now the next step is waiting for the interview letter to show up. Wish everyone a good luck.
Exactly same experience here as well, except that I got to ASC earlier than I planned due to light traffic at 7:10 AM on 4/18/07 and there was no line at that time. We (both my wife and I) got out by 8:15 AM.
The application they gave at ASC is asking for the same information that got filled in N-400 part 5. I don't know if that matters, but as a word of caution for future finger printing folks, review N-400 before you go to ASC and fill the info exactly.

Naturalized myself and my wife

Friends,

I along with my wife have been naturalized. It happened on April 9th. Sorry for posting late. Lot of other things were going on. Here is my sequence.

Jan 26th mailed.
Feb 6th received notice.
Feb 8th received finger print notice.
Feb 23rd did finger printin
1st week of Marc received interview letter.
April 9th interview.
April 9 Oath, Received Naturalization document.

I want to thank a lot of people here who have helped me answering my questions at all times. Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for the website and the forum.

Good Luck to all the aspirants. Have your faith.

I will post my experience in a few days.

-savithari

Savithari,

Did you have any problem with name? My birth certificate had child's name as only my first name (as is typical in India) It does not have my father's first name besides that name (to make it my middle name). So my IO told me that she will not allow me to use my full name (Including middle name) for Nat Cert. I can only put First and Last name in that cert. Full Name is possible only if I accept name change to my full name thru judicial ceremony. This is even when my passport, GC, SSN and everything else in my life has my full name. That will be weird as I wil be changing my current name to current name.

Did your birth certificate include your full name (including middle)? If not, did IO say anything about that?

Its been a whole week, but the check still doesn't show up in my bank. Am worried now and thinking maybe I forgot to sign the check or worse the form.

The check actually cleared 4/9/2007.

Here's my timeline:

N400 mailed via express mail: 04/04/2007
N400 received by TSC: 04/06/2007.
Check cleared: 04/09/2007.
NOA recd.: ??
FP: ??
INT: ??
OATH: ??

Just plain relieved.

N400Atl,

My situation is

My name is

William Manamohan on my passport.

However just like the IO said that my birth certificate has

WILLIAM MANA MOHAN

So I was told that my cert will be WILLIAM MANA MOHAN unless I decide to go for a name change. I did not want to mess with it, s it is now

WILLIAM MANA MOHAN instead of WILLIAM MANAMOHAN

I think they only go by birth certificate. Dont know what to do. But I will live with it I guess.

-savithari

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for a quick reply savithari,

Guess they also only used birth certificate in your case.

I have listed my question/exp in a separate thread titled "Change name after Interview but before Oath". In my case now, if IO allows me to change ceremoney type to judicial and allow name change, my name will change from say "John Smith" to "John Alan Smith". Thing is, my current name in all papers in my life, GC, SSN, License etc IS "John Alan Smith". So not sure if this is even legal to do the name change to same name that you currently have. No other option though as otherwise my name will print as "John Smith" and passport also will not have middle name.

My main concern was passport since I want exact same name I use on GC/License/SSN on passport. Let's see if IO allows me to change it after interview.

Good luck with passports and thanks for reply again!!!

Atlanta N-400

01-24-07 Rcv Date
01-30-07 Notice Date
02-16-07 Ft Done
04-17-07 Interview, Oata, And Rcv Certification

my timeline is

Mailed-1/31/07 to TSC as I live in Georgia.
PD-2/5/07
NOA-2/12/07
FP Notice-2/20/07
FP Done -3/15/07 at charleston, South carolina.
IL letter- !!!!

Receipt notice format

My check was cleared on 4/9/2007. I still haven't recd. the receipt notice.

I live in Atlanta and sent N400 to TSC. Can someone tell me what is the format of the receipt no.? Or better still what are the first 8 digits/letters of the receipt no. of someone who mailed out their N400 to TSC recently. This would help me make a judgement of my receipt no.

I can see the check image but its not very clear what the receipt no. is on the back of the check.

Thanks for all your help.

dhebi

My check was cleared on 4/9/2007. I still haven't recd. the receipt notice.

I live in Atlanta and sent N400 to TSC. Can someone tell me what is the format of the receipt no.? Or better still what are the first 8 digits/letters of the receipt no. of someone who mailed out their N400 to TSC recently. This would help me make a judgement of my receipt no.

I can see the check image but its not very clear what the receipt no. is on the back of the check.

Thanks for all your help.

dhebi

It's handwritten number on the FRONT of the check (at least for Nebraska and Vermont center). Should start with SRC.

Rec'd notice for Interview date !!

Feb 27: Mailed to TSC
Mar 02: Priority Date
Mar 21: Recvd PD Notice
Mar 23: Recvd FP Notice
Apr11: FP Date
Apr 21: Recvd Interview Notice
May 17: Interview

hi atl_gc. congrats on the interview. by the way did you check your status online? and is it updated saying that interview is granted or not? i will appreciate your response

inty

Receipt notice received

Hello all,

I got my receipt notice in the mail today.

It says "Receipt with Exception"
Even the Receipt no is SSC*xxxxxxxxx.

Is this normal? It does say on the receipt that:

Missing Evidences: your appln. was missing evidences that will need to be provided at time of interview. You will be notified via a separate notice what is required.

Any cause for worry? I assume they must be asking for the traffic ticket payment proof. That is the only thing I can think of. I provided everything and more:

Timeline so far:

N400 mailed via express mail: 04/04/2007
N400 received by TSC: 04/06/2007.
Check cleared: 04/09/2007.
Priority date: 04/06/2007
Receipt notice recd.: 04/23/2007
FP: ??
INT: ??
OATH:??