• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

At which attempt were you selected?

At which attempt were you selected?

Votes: 12 20.7%

Votes: 9 15.5%

Votes: 10 17.2%

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Still not drawn :(

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters

davefromoz

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I just thought I'd post a quick poll to find out at which attempt you were drawn in the lottery.

I was selected on my second attempt :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the results so far tell me there have been some very lucky people out there to have been selected in their first or second attempt!

You sort of take it for granted until you see there are people who have entered 5 times or more before finally being selected. Congratulations to those people. Obviously rewarded in the end for your patience and perseverance! :D

wow I'm suprised by all the people who got selected on their first or second attempt!
I've already tried 6 or 7 times and never got selected. But there is still hope for this year, I'm from the EU.

Hi, it's my 9th attempt and still have hope like you, so don't be surprised because it's a game of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quite surprised at first too but then my wife pointed out to me that a lot of people probably feel despondent after trying a few times and give up.

But hey, a lottery is a lottery and everyone has exactly the same chance of being selected so good on you for not giving up and I wish you all the best of luck! :)

It was about my 7th attempt, but I did notice that in previous years I applied very close to the deadline date and was never chosen. This attempt though, I applied in the 1st week the lottery came out, and was selected. Anyone had similar experience?

We had the opposite experience, decided at last minute to apply and had trouble with photos getting them right size but worked it out and submitted application about 2 hours before deadline!

It was about my 7th attempt, but I did notice that in previous years I applied very close to the deadline date and was never chosen. This attempt though, I applied in the 1st week the lottery came out, and was selected. Anyone had similar experience?

It's possible that if you apply early you will win.The reason being that i won at my first attempt on the very day when registration started on 3rd Oct 2006.The explanation to this is however not related anyway to the draw but less network traffic and of course a huge chunk of luck.If you apply early(not in the rush/last minute when everyone is rushing to beat the deadline),there is a high probability that your application will be received and processed as the server is not excessively busy at that time(low network traffic).If your application is received and processed successfully,then your chance of winning becomes higher than someone whose application got stuck in the buffer cache.There is a possibility that if you apply late when everyone is rushing around to submit their online application, the server gets so busy and crashes resulting in most applications not being processed at all.Although you will normally receive instant notification that your application has been submitted successfully,it's not always the case becasue the communication between the server and the client might have broken down at some point due to heavy network traffic over a fairly low bandwith.If my memory serves me right, there is a notice on the registration site regarding this.Paper based application is even worse because they easily get lost in transit or get dumped in the trash Can by some KCC staff who might be having a bad day.I am making this hypothesis purely based on personal experience and observation.You have the right to agree or disagree .

I was just wondering....exactly how "random" the lottery is. I know that it was probably silly of me to comment on my experience, but I was just trying to see if there was a general trend. Guess this year is just my year.... Congrats to everyone who won though:)