At what point the Green Card is taken away once US Citizenship is processed?

Avalon

Registered Users (C)
I am about to become US Citizen. Currently I have the Green Card. When do I have to surrender Green Card? Is it after Oath Ceremony? Do we get to keep the Green Card (as a souvenir.... :p )

I am about to become US Citizen. Currently I have the Green Card. When do I have to surrender Green Card? Is it after Oath Ceremony? Do we get to keep the Green Card (as a souvenir.... :p )

Green card is taken away before oath ceremony. You cannot keep it as a souvenir.

When you go to your ceremony, right before you see the judge!
Yes you can keep your green card if you absolutely want to. You just tell them you lost it. Several months later you'll get a replacement which you surrender.

When you go to your ceremony, right before you see the judge!
Yes you can keep your green card if you absolutely want to. You just tell them you lost it. Several months later you'll get a replacement which you surrender.

I wouldn't encourage lying just before you become a US citizen and just before you see the judge (or the USCIS director) who is administering your oath.

If you want a souvenir, take a good color scan or a picture of it.