At long last, our I-485 cases have been approved today

minammmmmm

Registered Users (C)
Dear folks.

27 months have passed since we (me & wife) filed our I-485 cases, and today we got the approvals: I'm the primary one and the case is under EB2/NIW.

Here is our I-485 detail:
RD: Jan/02
ND: Feb/02
TD: Dec/03
ID: today, Apr/04
AD: today, Apr/04
No RFE.

The interview went through very smoothly. The officer's questions are fundamental ones like name, date of birth, address, and a couple of questions from page 3 of I-485. He requested my employment letter. He also asked for our medical exam results, and finally our case was approved.

BTW, I have a couple of questions:
In addation to the approval stamps on our passports, the officer gave us ANOTHER separate page e.a. which contains a sentence: "If you are travelling or need evidence of your alien registration, you may present THIS LETTER AND YOUR VALID PASSPORT BETWEEN 9:00 AM AND 12:00 PM, FRIDAY ONLY, IN
ROOM E-170 OF THE J.F.K. FEDERAL BUILDING, TO BE STAMPED WITH TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF YOUR ALIEN REGISTRATION."
===> Question: Does this mean the current stamps on our passports are not sufficent for traveling outside U.S. and re-entering U.S. ???

Another question is: My wife's biometrics appointment for her pending EAD has been scheduled "2:00 PM, TOMORROW" at local ASC office -- can she just ignore the appointment or does she still have to show up (and tell them her perm. residence is already granted) ???

I must thank:
2001dec, ag28, ar888, arera, canus_immi, Dadagiri, davli024,, dec11thRD, dsatish, Edison, fikabir, freenation, GC012002, GCC_2004, Jaic, Jan485, jigesh, lz25888, mcnair, Milko_Djurovski
noRFEyet, OmGV, pingpong02, RajeshJ, RD02, RGade, rickz, suryapet.org, SWaiting, vijayrc, z/OS V1.4 -- I believe (& hope) most of these nice people who gave me very helpful comments and answers already had their I-485 approvals. I also thank Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing us with this very helpful forum space.

Good luck, everyone... and just be patient.. you'll get what you want eventually.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations !!

Please advise where did your case transfer to? Is kind of fast to conduct an interview after TD for 4 months.

minam..m

if your stamp has the following information:
* temporary evidence of processing of I-551
* your A#
* your approval date

then it should be enough. i think the approval letter is just for your records. i also got interviewed at boston last month. but my case was not approved the same day. i got a similar records two days after my interview and then i got my passport stamped. i think you are good even if you were to travel outside with this stamp.

btw you'll get your actual card within a month

Originally posted by minammmmmm

I must thank:
2001dec, ag28, ar888, arera, canus_immi, Dadagiri, davli024,, dec11thRD, dsatish, Edison, fikabir, freenation, GC012002, GCC_2004, Jaic, Jan485, jigesh, lz25888, mcnair, Milko_Djurovski
noRFEyet, OmGV, pingpong02, RajeshJ, RD02, RGade, rickz, suryapet.org, SWaiting, vijayrc, z/OS V1.4 -- I believe (& hope) most of these nice people who gave me very helpful comments

My God, what a memory (of all the people who answered your questions) :cool:
CONGRATS and good luck.

Originally posted by minammmmmm
===> Question: Does this mean the current stamps on our passports are not sufficent for traveling outside U.S. and re-entering U.S. ???

Another question is: My wife's biometrics appointment for her pending EAD has been scheduled "2:00 PM, TOMORROW" at local ASC office -- can she just ignore the appointment or does she still have to show up (and tell them her perm. residence is already granted) ???

Congrats. I've never seen such a letter before, any way your stamp should be enough, and you'll be getting your card within a couple of months. Your wife can ignore the appt. as that doesn't server any purpose.

Congratulations!

Enjoy yourself. Don't read the news on the internet, don't follow the stock market, don't worry about your boss ...

Soak it in, and enjoy the moment.

congratulations

and enjoy a life of not constantly checking the status or worrying about the GC.
Good Luck.

Originally posted by patience1234
minam..m

if your stamp has the following information:
* temporary evidence of processing of I-551
* your A#
* your approval date

then it should be enough. i think the approval letter is just for your records. i also got interviewed at boston last month. but my case was not approved the same day. i got a similar records two days after my interview and then i got my passport stamped. i think you are good even if you were to travel outside with this stamp.

btw you'll get your actual card within a month

==========================================

patience1234, thanks for the information !

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: At long last, our I-485 cases have been approved today

Originally posted by ar888
Congrats. I've never seen such a letter before, any way your stamp should be enough, and you'll be getting your card within a couple of months. Your wife can ignore the appt. as that doesn't server any purpose.

I see, thanks ar888 !