At least 6months staying with current employer in case of I140 EB1-OR Approval?

Reza-EB2 NIW

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,
I am just wondering to know in case I file I-140 for EB1-OR and I get the approval, do I need to stay with my current employer for at least 6months?
The reason that I am asking is because my current university has agreed to change my title from "post-doc" to "research scientist", so that I can apply for EB1-OR. However it is highly possible that I start a new job at differrent company around next July.

I appreciate your input and experience,

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
Hi Folks,
I am just wondering to know in case I file I-140 for EB1-OR and I get the approval, do I need to stay with my current employer for at least 6months?
The reason that I am asking is because my current university has agreed to change my title from "post-doc" to "research scientist", so that I can apply for EB1-OR. However it is highly possible that I start a new job at differrent company around next July.

Your I-485 must be pending for at least 180 days before you can change employer.

Reza-EB2 NIW said:
Hi Folks,

1- if you are sponsored by employer in EB2 category, AC21 can be invoked to change employer after 180 of pending I485. The condition is "same & similar" professional category.
2- If you apply in EB1-NIW, you do not need to invoke AC21, because NIW is itself is a super-set of AC21. The condition again is the "Same & Similar" job category.

Last edited by a moderator: