At Last Praise the Lord

jai surya1

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Just called IIO about 15 minutes back and came to know that me and my spouse\'s case has been approved.
Its been a very long journey.

First the details----
PD 9/1999
RD 7/02/2001
ND 8/20/2001
FP 12/12/2001
AD 5/2/2002
EB3 India NJ, I-140 applied for AOS
EAC-01-250-54XXX

Now the saga-------
I applied for the Labour certification throught the regular processing on Jan 23 1998. Category was EB3.
After seen all my friends get approved via the RIR train and eventually figuring out that the RIR labour applications
were being approved, I re-applied in RIR on 9/1999. Of course I lost the priority date. In between the EB3 India
dates became current, but of course I couldn\'t take advantage of that. Even though I had applied for the RIR, the labour
approval did not come and all my friends who were applying after me for RIR were getting approvals. It was maddening.
Eventually after forcing my Lawyer to find out more info from the Labour dept., we came to know that we had to remove
the regular labour application. They could not process both applications, regular and RIR. It had to be either or. So I hurriedly
sent my lawyer an e-mail to remove the regular labour application and eventually when I had given up hope the labour got
approved a few months later. By that time I was on my 6 th year H1 and the priority dates for India EB3 had retrogressed. So
I applied for Canadian PR. and I got that within 6 months (what a difference). I then applied for I-140, which suprisingly got approved
in 2 and 1/2 months. But then the dates were not currrent. So I made plans to go to Canada and settle out there. Then the
AC21 law got signed and there I thought I could get the 7 th year H1. So I applied for the 7 th year H1, but VSC were not approving
7 th year H1s until the policy guidelines came out in June 19 th 2001. Then my 7th year H1 got approved after 6 months. It
was extremely nerve wrecking. Eventually I applied for my I-485 and then as we approached April 2002, there were so many
cases getting approved with RD and ND later than mine and sometimes I wondered whether I should have applied later for the I-485
like in mid-July 2001, instead of rushing to apply by July 2nd 2001 which was as soon as the EB3 India dates became current.
 But obviously one cannot predict the future, so I carried on patiently waiting until today.

Acknowledgements----------------
There is no limit to my gratefulness for this site and to Rajiv Khanna for providing this great benefit to all of us.
I also want to thank milk and the folks in the July list for their updates and info (greaty-k, sher, rigate,ric ........)
To all the folks that are waiting, I wish you all the very best and I will pray for your god speed approvals.
This has been a journey where all of us have undergone disappointment, pain and extreme patience and it has
made us stronger indiviuals.
God bless you all.

congrats. Please post your details at Rupnet EasyTracker at....

http://www.rupnet.com/immigration
This will help others in line and make their wait easy. This system has auto e-mail feature, which sends out e-mail when you post your info with approval, to those who are waiting in your RD month.
Again thanks and enjoy
greaty-k

yes CT_070101_new, just checked AVM and it says approved

incidently I checked AVM yesterday around 5 p.m. and it still mentioned the earlier message "FP received, pending review".
Good Luck

Thanks Guys, wish all of you\'ll Good Luck and the Very Best

Will stay around. I am too addicted to this site.............
I used to check this site literally 20 times a day before my approval.

Jai surya1, i have a question

I have heard one cannot have GC as well as Canadian PR together. How did you manage that?

I have one question?

Did you get canadian PR stamped on passpor? I mean did you physically went to canada or u just give up. Please repond.

Answers to questions

US GC and Canada PR are two different things. They should not conflict. Of course one
has to give one of them up. You cannot be PR of two countries simultaneously.
Many friends of mine have both the Canadian PR stamp and the US GC I-551 stamp.

Yes I did land in Canada and get the Canadian PR stamp after I applied for I-485.
Hope this Helps........