At last ... one GA october approved (not me)

patienceGC

Registered Users (C)
Some guy named

'Mobi'

His ND and FP are exactly on day after mine. So I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Wonder if there are other October Georgians in this forum

Happy Friday everyone!

Does that state really matter

Does the processing of 485s really get assigned by State. My understanding was that VSC processes all applications based on RD (most of the time). Often I have heard arguments of preferential treatment by state or your EB? designation.

I have yet to see documented proof on this.

I think you are perhaps slightly agitated with your application and looking for clues based on a rather limited Rupnet data sample. I share your grief since I too was in a similar situation at the I-140 stage but within the following 2 weeks I was approved and quite relieved.

I would wait till the end of the year before getting too concerned. After all not a high percentage of OCT have been approved yet.

Good Luck.

Harris

No proof for state

But there is written proof that EB categories do contribute to the speed.

The written proof also says that the apps are processed chronologically... no one believes that?

Considering the fact that some of the State had local interviews I am not entirely eliminating state as a criteria. Look at all the apps... they are mostly NJ and VA.

You are right... I am just trying to console myself and others like me :)

GR

Look at the workload distribution section.

Mentions preference category. But honestly I dont think any of it works.

I wonder if VSC has our priority dates. The 485 receipt that I got has a section for PD but nothing is mentioned there. Is it the same for you guys too?

Thanks,
BR

GR

I dont think they sort it by that order.

My PD is 08/99! 1999! But I see approvals with PD 2001 and RD > mine that were approved long back.

I think the determining criteria is "LUCK"! :mad:

Girish,

"They are staged chronologically by priority date, preference category and country of chargeability."

The only place where I saw this in the SOP was in the section talking about what to do when a visa number becomes unavailable. i.e. priority dates go back. The application gets back into the queue and waits for the PD to become current. Obviously this depends on the PD, category, and country of chargeability.

Not clear if PD and pref category matter when visa dates are available, as is the case now.

I'm assuming I didn't I miss an identical sentence somewhere else in the same doc.
-- alaknanda

An SOP is just a document. But if the people working on the daily operations do not follow the SOP, so what?
Maybe some of them don't even know that such a thing called SOP exists!
And how if the SOP has been ammended with internal memos so now work needs to be done in such a way that is different from what is written in the SOP?

Thank you

GR, others:

thank you for looking into the link that was supplied. But I agree that RD/ND is the ultimate criteria, the nature of your application, and the productivity of the officer are obviously important factors.

But I really don't think the EB category impacts anything at this final stage.

thank you again.

Harris