at I-485 stage, can i apply first then my wife ? Please advice

sesa99

Registered Users (C)
I got my I-140 approved, and ready to apply for I-485, problem is my wife is in india. My lawyer says that, she will apply mine and after my wife comes back, she will apply hers. My concern is, INS is so screwed up, will they be able to process my wife\'s application with mine.

Is there anybody out there in the similar situation ?

Please advice

Thanks in advance

No Title

It depends. Is there a likelyhood of your wife joining you soon.In that case you might wait and file for both of you.It is a detailed procedure which involves Medical, both of you have to take pictures, get necessary birth certificates etc before filing. Filing together will ensure the RD/ND are same for both of you and hence less trouble of tracking the status in future.You may start the basic frame work of gathering necessary documents etc.
Hope this helps

No Title

Mind your Language. It\'s not that whole INS is what you think. There are extremely nice people out there and by using
such bad language you are making others image and life miserable. Definitely there is extreme delay. But mind your language.

No Title

Thanks for you response.. Lakshman
Me and my wife got all the paper work done(Photo\'s, medical) everything is ready to go. My lawyer didn\'t tell me that my wife has to be in US while filing for the I-485, she went to india. Now she is telling me that she will my I-485 and apply my wife\'s when she comes back. I see what you telling, having two RD/ND.

But the case number should be the same right?

Thanks in advance