Asylum Questions

Rodney1990

Registered Users (C)
Hey Guys, I'm pretty new to this site and I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions
-When does the 150 days start from, when the I589 is submitted or from the interview date?
-is anyone else having a backlog problem with the NJ office?
-how do i check on my clock? is there something that tells me were my clock is or if it has been stopped?

Any information is appreciated.

-When does the 150 days start from, when the I589 is submitted or from the interview date?
The date I589 is submitted.
Everyone is having backlog problem everywhere
-how do i check on my clock? is there something that tells me were my clock is or if it has been stopped?
If you change or cancel your interview date, if the office asks for some documents then the clock will be stopped.
You can contact with your lawyer.

Tank you.... Im still waiting on my lawyer but worried really. The lawyer who i started with left for another law firm and ten the new one is on vacation.

Its been mostly bitter so far but hopefully i'll hear some news soon.

Hey Guys, I'm pretty new to this site and I was wondering if anyone could answer some questions

Any information is appreciated.

150 days start from the day you successfully sent your application and successfully received and in some cases if received Form I-797C, Notice of Action the priority date indicated is when the clock starts , Asylum clock is one of the most complicated parts in asylum lawyer you can never know if your clock is stopped or is running , please be patient and retain a lawyer!

There is a very bad backlog of cases almost everywhere

Unfortunately there is general lack of transparency in USCIS’ administration on the clock.You cant know about the clock , Please do talk to your attorney to review your case and he can advise you on handling that