Asylum pending for almost almost 2 years...I need help please

Meeka

Dear all,

I applied for asylum in April 2011, and still no response from USCIS.

I contacted the asylum office many times with no benefit, they tell me to wait. I contacted the local congressman and he could do nothing, just told me to wait.

I an really sick, I was diagnosed with PTSD since I escaped my country and I am being treated here in the US since then. I attached my whole medical record to my application. Yet, USCIS does not show any mercy til now.

I am experiencing extreme anxiety and depression symptoms, my health is going downhill. I am scared, terrified, can not focus at all.

What should I do to make USCIS process my case ?

Thanks in advance.

Dear all,

I contacted the asylum office many times with no benefit, they tell me to wait. I contacted the local congressman and he could do nothing, just told me to wait.

I an really sick, I was diagnosed with PTSD since I escaped my country and I am being treated here in the US since then. I attached my whole medical record to my application. Yet, USCIS does not show any mercy til now.

I am experiencing extreme anxiety and depression symptoms, my health is going downhill. I am scared, terrified, can not focus at all.

Thanks in advance.

I am in the same boat, and to be honest there is nothing you can do to expedite the process. Which office is adjudicating your application? and how long has it been since your interview?
It all must be due to background checks but the only thing I don't understand is how come everybody else's background gets cleared in 2 weeks? and its on few individuals who have to wait for months and years?

I was interviewed in late March. My office is Arlington Asylum Office.

Anybody knows about pros/cons of writ of mandamus ?

I was interviewed in late March. My office is Arlington Asylum Office.

Anybody knows about pros/cons of writ of mandamus ?

It has been way longer for you. I don't have experience with writ of mandamus but in your situation I believe it is not harm trying it. If it doesn't cost you much to file then go for it. Have you personally went to the office and talked to a supervisor? You can write an email to the director or assistant director of the arlington office.

It has been way longer for you. I don't have experience with writ of mandamus but in your situation I believe it is not harm trying it. If it doesn't cost you much to file then go for it. Have you personally went to the office and talked to a supervisor? You can write an email to the director or assistant director of the arlington office.

I did mail the office at least 5 times; every time they send me a pre-printed form saying that my case is pending. The director signature is listed always at the end.

I called the office at least 5 times, the lady who answered my calls was so mean to me and she even hang up on me once. She told me once that it can take 10 more years, I feel that she enjoys mentally torturing me.

I feel so humiliated and demoralized.

I can not find the email contacts of the director or the deputy director... can you help me finding them ?

Thanks a lot.

I did mail the office at least 5 times; every time they send me a pre-printed form saying that my case is pending. The director signature is listed always at the end.

I called the office at least 5 times, the lady who answered my calls was so mean to me and she even hang up on me once. She told me once that it can take 10 more years, I feel that she enjoys mentally torturing me.

I feel so humiliated and demoralized.

I can not find the email contacts of the director or the deputy director... can you help me finding them ?

Thanks a lot.
I believe these are their email address. Write the Deputy director first then if no response you should contact the director.
Asylum Office Director: Ron Rosenberg, ron.rosenberg@dhs.gov and Asylum Office Deputy Director: jessica.dumas@dhs.gov

!

Dear all,

Thanks in advance.

You have to wait

Meeka waiting for 1.5 year is not almost 2 years, and believe me there is people on this forum who has been waiting longer than you. You did choose this country to request Asylum, please take a deep breath and wait for you outcome and stop complaining, if you dont like something you are always free to go... Im waiting for my wife to come over this country already 1.5 years and Im not sure how long it will take, and i DON'T complain just patiently waiting....

Meeka waiting for 1.5 year is not almost 2 years, and believe me there is people on this forum who has been waiting longer than you. You did choose this country to request Asylum, please take a deep breath and wait for you outcome and stop complaining, if you dont like something you are always free to go... Im waiting for my wife to come over this country already 1.5 years and Im not sure how long it will take, and i DON'T complain just patiently waiting....

This is just mean, coming from a fellow immigrant. You seem to have already adopted the local arrogance "if you dont like something you are always free to go". It looks like you obtained your asylum the same month you were interviewed, and I am sure you wouldn't be that arrogant if you had to wait for 3 years without hearing anything...
Well, Pipabest, just know that some of us are still terrorized by the prospect of being turned down, due to what we would face back home. Most of our family member are 6-ft underground, so we are not even waiting 1.5 years to bring them over, as in you are.
Learn some humility, pal!

Some people in these forums are really rude and impolite and dont have the lowest level of humanity

This forum is awesome but there are some people who think just because they have documents they are above those which are applying now! Lets help each other people...we have been on their shoes so a word of relief is awlays refreshing.

Some people in these forums are really rude and impolite and dont have the lowest level of humanity

Man Thats ridiculous, i swear i will not keep it without a reply , any one who would try to play a rule like this i would not be silent , we ran away from our countries because of persecution and threatens and because there is no freedom and bunch of ppl is acting superior to all the other ppl
man !!! Even those distasters followed us to this forum !!!!!

My friend, if you will look into my time line you may understand that just to get into interview it took more than 2 years. Did i like it, NO, did I have anything in my power to do, NO. I was just hoping that everything will turn out to be good. Hope the only thing that i had. All of us we do have our stories, and i dont think it would be right to compare my story and somebody else. I run away from my country not because of great life, but bcs of fear. Im not arrogant, and i do understand that some people just can't wait. I been on this forum for a while, and saw some people waiting more that 1.5 years or 2, or 3, that was my point we all HAVE to wait...

This is just mean, coming from a fellow immigrant. You seem to have already adopted the local arrogance "if you dont like something you are always free to go". It looks like you obtained your asylum the same month you were interviewed, and I am sure you wouldn't be that arrogant if you had to wait for 3 years without hearing anything...
Well, Pipabest, just know that some of us are still terrorized by the prospect of being turned down, due to what we would face back home. Most of our family member are 6-ft underground, so we are not even waiting 1.5 years to bring them over, as in you are.
Learn some humility, pal!

In which asylum office did you file your asylum case?

My friend, if you will look into my time line you may understand that just to get into interview it took more than 2 years. Did i like it, NO, did I have anything in my power to do, NO. I was just hoping that everything will turn out to be good. Hope the only thing that i had. All of us we do have our stories, and i dont think it would be right to compare my story and somebody else. I run away from my country not because of great life, but bcs of fear. Im not arrogant, and i do understand that some people just can't wait. I been on this forum for a while, and saw some people waiting more that 1.5 years or 2, or 3, that was my point we all HAVE to wait...