Asylum from Virginia

Sbella

Hello Friends,
I gave interview for political asylum from Virginia in Feb/04/2013. Its been almost 8 month and I am still waiting for the result. I went to the asylum office after 6 month of interview, they said its on review process. I really am very frustrated now, I don't know what to do, where to go. I am scared to go there and ask them again and again or should I inquire again?? Or just wait for the result?? Please share your experience if you have been through the same.
Thank You.

Most of us are in the same boat.
I did my first interview on Jan 13 which was followed by two other interview. I applied last year in mid October and still haven't heard anything.
I guess patience is the key but its hard to wait.
Good luck!

Hello Friends,
I gave interview for political asylum from Virginia in Feb/04/2013. Its been almost 8 month and I am still waiting for the result. I went to the asylum office after 6 month of interview, they said its on review process. I really am very frustrated now, I don't know what to do, where to go. I am scared to go there and ask them again and again or should I inquire again?? Or just wait for the result?? Please share your experience if you have been through the same.
Thank You.

Pretty much the same thing here. I applied for asylum on February 2013, and went for an interview at Arlington asylum office. I have not received any decision yet. I am now allowed to work under my current status. I applied for EAD 1 month ago, but haven't heard a word yet.

Apparently there is nothing we can do but waiting.

Pretty much the same thing here. I applied for asylum on February 2013, and went for an interview at Arlington asylum office. I have not received any decision yet. I am now allowed to work under my current status. I applied for EAD 1 month ago, but haven't heard a word yet.

Apparently there is nothing we can do but waiting.

Thank You, knowing there are other too who is going through my phase made me a bit calm.
I just have a question, after getting EAD, do one have to be in their current status? ( Like I am in F1, do I have to maintain my status after getting EAD).

You don't have to but if you aren't on status, you would be referred to immigration court if denied for removal proceedings. If you are on status, you just continue to be on that status if you asylum is denied. Having gone through the process, I would say its better for you to be on status until your application is pending. That way you won't be removed. You can always reapply for asylum if the govt starts removal proceedings against you (if you lose your status in the future after being denied asylum).

What are you talking about ? Your topics dont make any sense at all! You can't reapply for asylum!!!!

You joined this group not even a month ago and your answers are crazy!!!! You should read more about asylum law!!!

You don't have to but if you aren't on status, you would be referred to immigration court if denied for removal proceedings. If you are on status, you just continue to be on that status if you asylum is denied. Having gone through the process, I would say its better for you to be on status until your application is pending. That way you won't be removed. You can always reapply for asylum if the govt starts removal proceedings against you (if you lose your status in the future after being denied asylum).

Thank You, knowing there are other too who is going through my phase made me a bit calm.
I just have a question, after getting EAD, do one have to be in their current status? ( Like I am in F1, do I have to maintain my status after getting EAD).

I hope we both get a final decision ASAP. I advise you ti maintain your status, since you will gain nothing but instability if you lose it.

Have you applied for EAD? How long did it take for you to receive it?

I hope we both get a final decision ASAP. I advise you ti maintain your status, since you will gain nothing but instability if you lose it.

Have you applied for EAD? How long did it take for you to receive it?

Yes, hope is all we have. Thank you.
I haven't applied for EAD. My lawyer said it will take about a month to get it.

What are you talking about ? Your topics dont make any sense at all! You can't reapply for asylum!!!!

You joined this group not even a month ago and your answers are crazy!!!! You should read more about asylum law!!!

I believe one can reapply for Asylum if denied, there should be a gap period of 2 or 3 month( I am not sure). one can reapply after that time frame the case was denied.
And, I don't think joining this group early or just now make you perfect or imperfect.

WOW ! This comment is very ridiculous !!!!

I believe one can reapply for Asylum if denied, there should be a gap period of 2 or 3 month( I am not sure). one can reapply after that time frame the case was denied.
And, I don't think joining this group early or just now make you perfect or imperfect.

WOW !!! The law is very clear

Last edited by a moderator:
POST ASYLUM RE-INTERVIEW STATUS "UNDER REVIEW"

Dear all im too worried and tensed whats going on..we were interviewed soon after our I-589 with 2wks pickup notice at Arlington, however on pickup day was told will receive in mail soon.After 8wks were again called for re-interview. This time again every thing went very well .AO was v satisfied and friendly calm.No point of conflict or arguments or discussions.He said hopefully we will not call you again, on my comment that i can come again untill u r satisfied. Just 3days before the 2nd interview i had emailed the office asking status of application. 5days after the 2nd interview i received the email from arlington office that ur case is under review. I m worried to know that is the AO recommended my case and supervisor observed something and was reinterviewd or AO himself observed something latter. Both the interviews were very good. Hopefully IA we shall b getting the approval soon. However Can anyone advise please what options we shall be having if god forbids in worst case we are denied?(out of status) referred to IJ ..what role the lawyer has to play in court haring ?coz in Arlington it was mere nothing but a mum presence. Generally how much time i shall be having after the reciept of the asylum office decision in worst scenario i.e denial ?