Asylum Filers - After 1 Year Deadline

BetterWorld

Registered Users (C)
For people who filed after 1 year Asylum filing deadline. Please share your Timelines, experiences and challenges

I had my master hearing on July but the judge didn't appear in court so I filled in for asylum and my days are counting .I did filled an EAD C08 in the month of December it was denied reason being that I filled prior to reaching 150days. I reapplied and it was still denied thou I'm still waiting for the reason why. What could really be the problem for the denial

There is nothing unique about filling after 1 year. Nobody cares. Well, that is at least what happened to me. You can file for asylum, 10 years after arriving. As long as your case has merit, you will be granted relief. Do not sweat about this.

All, Please mention your timeline like:

US Entry: When (Month Year)
US Entry: Visa/No Visa
When applied for Asylum:
Reason for Application Delay;
Asylum reason:
Anything applied betweeen Entry & Asylum Application:
Did interview happened after fling:
What step if no Interview:
Master Hearing:
Individual Hearing:
GC Application:
GC Approved:

There is nothing unique about filling after 1 year. Nobody cares. Well, that is at least what happened to me. You can file for asylum, 10 years after arriving. As long as your case has merit, you will be granted relief. Do not sweat about this.
Thanks !
But i heard that no interview happens when one applies after 1 year deadline. It goes straight to court

Is that right?

I had my master hearing on July but the judge didn't appear in court so I filled in for asylum and my days are counting .I did filled an EAD C08 in the month of December it was denied reason being that I filled prior to reaching 150days. I reapplied and it was still denied thou I'm still waiting for the reason why. What could really be the problem for the denial

Pls post your timeline as mentioned above to get replies...

If i am not wrong one can apply GC after one year of asylum approval.

I see your case approved August 2009 but you applied GC Feb 2014?
Wondering why you waited that long to apply GC (if you don't mind)

If i am not wrong one can apply GC after one year of asylum approval.

I see your case approved August 2009 but you applied GC Feb 2014?
Wondering why you waited that long to apply GC (if you don't mind)
I waited until 2014 because:
1. I was young and very stupid
2. it's expensive to apply for a GC.

Thanks !
But i heard that no interview happens when one applies after 1 year deadline. It goes straight to court

Is that right?
??

Wondering if anybody had interview when applied after 1 year limit?
Did they ask anything or just denied, and referred to court?
Please share ...

??

Wondering if anybody had interview when applied after 1 year limit?
Did they ask anything or just denied, and referred to court?
Please share ...

Hi BetterWorld,
I just read your forum message and tried my best to share my timelines.
US Entry: November 2003
US Entry: B1/B2 Visa
When applied for Asylum: October 2014 (after 11 years entry to USA)
Reason for Application Delay: Exceptional - changed circumstances in my country
Asylum Reason: Membership in a particular social group
Did Interview happened after filing: Yes
Immigration Court: No

Below is my timelines:-
October 30, 2014 - Asylum Application form submitted
November 12, 2014 - Fingerprint
December 10, 2014 - Asylum Interview Conducted
December 22, 2014 - Asylum Granted
December 23, 2015 - Form I-485 Adjusted Status Application Submitted
January 21, 2016 - Fingerprint
March 15, 2016 - Green Card Approved
March 21, 2016 - Green Card in hand
December 16, 2019 - N400 Form will be ready to submit...

The above was my timelines. I was submitted my Asylum hope after 11 years and based on my evidence changed circumstances in my country. I was appointed my Immigration Attorney for my whole Asylum process from collected evidences, documentations, massive paperworks, communications and real past history. The timelines stated above look simple and short, but, the process was somewhat difficult, pain and harsh. No matter how hard and hopeless, I wish those asylum seeker do not give up. I obtained my legal status after 11 years, I am sure all of you guys will do and even sooner than me.
Good luck and God Bless you all always!

Hi BetterWorld,

The above was my timelines. I was submitted my Asylum hope after 11 years and based on my evidence changed circumstances in my country. I was appointed my Immigration Attorney for my whole Asylum process from collected evidences, documentations, massive paperworks, communications and real past history. The timelines stated above look simple and short, but, the process was somewhat difficult, pain and harsh. No matter how hard and hopeless, I wish those asylum seeker do not give up. I obtained my legal status after 11 years, I am sure all of you guys will do and even sooner than me.
Lucky you! Thank you for sharing! Your GC approval was fast. I submitted Feb 2014, approved May 2016. While you will submit your N400 in Dec 2019, i'm submitting mine one month later in Feb 2020. Good luck to figihting the N400. I just hope mine is approved before the end of the year (2020)

Lucky you! Thank you for sharing! Your GC approval was fast. I submitted Feb 2014, approved May 2016. While you will submit your N400 in Dec 2019, i'm submitting mine one month later in Feb 2020. Good luck to figihting the N400. I just hope mine is approved before the end of the year (2020)
What state are you living?
Some states have longer time to get green card.

Hi BetterWorld,

Appreciate Wynn for writing this up. Great help for all !!

Hi BetterWorld,

Strange. One of attorney told that there's no interview when you apply past 1 year deadline. And your case goes denied and goes to Court to decide.

Wondering, So you were in us during 2003-2014 or you're were like in & out of US during these years on B1?

Strange. One of attorney told that there's no interview when you apply past 1 year deadline. And your case goes denied and goes to Court to decide.

Wondering, So you were in us during 2003-2014 or you're were like in & out of US during these years on B1?

Hi BetterWorld,
I was told by my Attorney that, I was serious past the Asylum one-year filing deadline. However, certain circumstances changed happened to my country and I have detail affidavit, expert affidavits, evidence documentations and more in order to overturn one-year filing deadline. My attorney described me under "Exception - If there are "changed circumstances" or circumstances materially affecting the applicant's eligibility for asylum".

We have prepared my case documentations as thick as 9 inches pages and so, my I-589 has been accepted by Rosedale, New York office (now is moved to Bethpage, New York). I was remember it took 3 hours for my asylum interview by Asylum Officer (the whole process was harsh and unforgettable in my life). I was thinking my case will refer to Immigration Judge due to my "One-Year Deadline" and ready for another stage of battle. And my asylum case is granted by Asylum office. I was the first to arrive at 10am in the morning, and I was the last to pick the decision at 12:30pm at Asylum Office.

I can't say what would be happen now if Asylum seeker filed after one-year deadline. Especially now is Trump's Administration. I believe more or less is related. My advise is, please well prepare the evidence documents, strong real case and confidence will overcome all those obstacles.
Let me answer the question above, I was in USA during 2003 and 2014 that time and have not travel outside USA (no even one). My B1/B2 Visa has expired and I was out of status.

That's just my short Asylum story. Wish you all dream come true!

What state are you living?
Some states have longer time to get green card.

Hi Tinaina,
I am living at New York state and the Asylum office used to located at Rosedale, New York. Now, has been moved to Bethpage, New York since 2015.
I was remember my I-485 has sent to Dallas, Texas USCIS office for the process. It's took 3 1/2 months to approve it.

Hi,
Yes, we almost ready to submit the N400 at the same time. Hope we will have an opportunity to share again later this year.
Nothing is impossible, especially "Hope".

Guys, how was the experience for EAD?

Did you renew your EAD? Any issues while renew?

What was duration on EAD first time and 2nd time?