Asylum based I-485 denied

asdf10000

Hello everyone,

I am in desperate need of guidance. In a nutshell, my application for political asylum was accepted in June 2004. I applied for I-485 in January 2007. Since then, all of my kids and my wife got green card and subsequently became US citizens. I just received a (NOID) Notice of Intent to Deny my I-485 application. I believe it is because the circumstances under which I had originally applied for asylum in my home country have changed now.

I will most likely file a Form I-290B but I am not very optimistic. I am in a very desperate situation because we have established a life for ourselves in the US for the past 16 years, my kids have gotten married and settled down here. It will be almost impossible for me to leave the US. I kindly wanted to ask what my options are at this point. Can I apply for adjustment of status through my wife (who is a US citizen now through my original asylum case).

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

yes, i’ve never left the US after initially arriving here on a visit visa and then filing for asylum (which was granted)

yes, i’ve never left the US after initially arriving here on a visit visa and then filing for asylum (which was granted)
Then you should be able to do Adjustment of Status based on your US citizen spouse. Just file I-130 and I-485 and all the related forms.

Thank you so much for your response, this puts my mind at ease. I'm hiring a lawyer to look over the case and will most likely proceed with filing for adjustment of status based on my wife.