Asylum about to be granted?

Marcre86

Registered Users (C)
Hey you guys, I posted once before and got a lot of answers so thank you all for your help, here is my story.

I filed for asylum back in 2002, my case was sent to a IJ and after two hearings he denied my petition, I think because I didnt have a really good lawyer. I made an appeal later to the BIA only to be denied again, so I hired a new lawyer and she told me the last option would be to appeal to the Circuit Court, but she warned me it was a big amount of money and that there was a 98% chance of it being denied, but hope is the last thing you lose so i went for it. Then almost a year later I got the amazing news that the Circuit court order to Vacate and Remand!...I couldn't believe it. So, they sent the case back to BIA and they agreed with the Circuit Court decision and sent the case back to the IJ.
Today I went to court, and the first thing the Judge asked for was my Biometrics and he said "I cant sign anything without the Biometrics" (which i had done once before but i guess i had to do them again, which i did today right after i left the court room) so he gave me a new appointment for next month and after i got out of the court room, I talked to my lawyer and she said she talked to the guys representing DHS and came to an agreement of not needing to make anymore questions. So from what i understood is that they are going to grant me the asylum they are just waiting for biometrics to come clear, is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey you guys, I posted once before and got a lot of answers so thank you all for your help, here is my story.

I filed for asylum back in 2002, my case was sent to a IJ and after two hearings he denied my petition, I think because I didnt have a really good lawyer. I made an appeal later to the BIA only to be denied again, so I hired a new lawyer and she told me the last option would be to appeal to the Circuit Court, but she warned me it was a big amount of money and that there was a 98% chance of it being denied, but hope is the last thing you lose so i went for it. Then almost a year later I got the amazing news that the Circuit court order to Vacate and Remand!...I couldn't believe it. So, they sent the case back to BIA and they agreed with the Circuit Court decision and sent the case back to the IJ.
Today I went to court, and the first thing the Judge asked for was my Biometrics and he said "I cant sign anything without the Biometrics" (which i had done once before but i guess i had to do them again, which i did today right after i left the court room) so he gave me a new appointment for next month and after i got out of the court room, I talked to my lawyer and she said she talked to the guys representing DHS and came to an agreement of not needing to make anymore questions. So from what i understood is that they are going to grant me the asylum they are just waiting for biometrics to come clear, is that right?
Sounds like it.

Why dont you ask your lawyer?

Why don't you ask your lawyer?

Well i asked her twice today actually, as soon as we left the court room. But i guess she didn't want to actually say that I was getting the asylum no matter what, you know. What she basically said was that she came to an agreement with the guys representing DHS, so they are not going to ask me anymore questions (the way i see this is, that by not asking me more questions they would agree with judge granting me the asylum). And that once the biometric come back clear all we need to do, is go back to the court room, and have the judge sign the asylum.

I'm asking in the forums to see if somebody has a similar experience and to just be sure I'm understanding.

Well i asked her twice today actually, as soon as we left the court room. But i guess she didn't want to actually say that I was getting the asylum no matter what, you know. What she basically said was that she came to an agreement with the guys representing DHS, so they are not going to ask me anymore questions (the way i see this is, that by not asking me more questions they would agree with judge granting me the asylum). And that once the biometric come back clear all we need to do, is go back to the court room, and have the judge sign the asylum.

I'm asking in the forums to see if somebody has a similar experience and to just be sure I'm understanding.

I understand. In my opinion, "not asking anymore questions" could mean that they will not question you anymore. It is still up to the judge to make the ruling. However, since you are send down from a Circuit Court, the judge is all but certain to grant you the asylum. I guess you lawyer just didnt want to say "hop" before you "jumped".

P.S. Do you mind sharing how much your legal fees were for the BIA and Circuit Court appeals? If you dont feel confident posting, you can PM me.

P.S. Do you mind sharing how much your legal fees were for the BIA and Circuit Court appeals? If you dont feel confident posting, you can PM me.

YAHA, just want to let you know that sometimes the decision can take more than 2 weeks to be made by IO. If this is the case don't be discouraged as it is a pretty normal practice nowadays. I wish you the best of luck!

What was the exact decision of the court of appeals? Read it and then you will understand what is going on. Good luck and I am sure you will be happy in a few days.

YAHA, just want to let you know that sometimes the decision can take more than 2 weeks to be made by IO. If this is the case don't be discouraged as it is a pretty normal practice nowadays. I wish you the best of luck!

I thank you for your info. As I said in another thread, I have a very lacklustre feeling about my interview with AO, which happened a week ago. I am all but certain that I will have to deal with Immigration Court, and possibly, with BIA, and Circuit Court (and, if needed, the Supreme Court :) ). Thats why I just try to delve into the problem right away and learn as much as I can. I will let you guys and gals know of my results, if available, a week from today :)

buddy, do you mind to PM me the lawyer you used, I would like to hire that lawyer for my friend's case.

Officer requested more documents

IO after my asylum interview requested more document like my invitation to US and medical report from psychologist since l was applying outside one year does that mean he wants to deny or what.

LIke i have told you Brian,this is a foregone issue,this case is yours.You do not need to worry,get your results and move on to the next steps.You give me a call as soon as you get your results and i will be more than welcome to congratulate you.

I need help !

hello guys,
I applied for employment authorization based on Pending asylum application to Nebraska service center but it was denied. The denial letter states that you were granted asylum . Our records reveal that the approval letter and EAD were sent.In conclusion it has no purpose to give two EADs for one person so contact the asylum office which granted your asylum.
I have not received any thing.

But when I go to the local USCIS field office they said it is still pending. I tried to call to to the Asylum office in San Franscico but I couldnt get the line. I called to the national customer service but they said we recommend you to go to to the asylum office(san francisco) .It is to far from here. The officer in the local field USCIS become hesitant to call to San Fransico .
what do you think has happened? How should I go about it.
Thank you so very much.

hello guys,
I applied for employment authorization based on Pending asylum application to Nebraska service center but it was denied. The denial letter states that you were granted asylum . Our records reveal that the approval letter and EAD were sent.In conclusion it has no purpose to give two EADs for one person so contact the asylum office which granted your asylum.
I have not received any thing.

But when I go to the local USCIS field office they said it is still pending. I tried to call to to the Asylum office in San Franscico but I couldnt get the line. I called to the national customer service but they said we recommend you to go to to the asylum office(san francisco) .It is to far from here. The officer in the local field USCIS become hesitant to call to San Fransico .
what do you think has happened? How should I go about it.
Thank you so very much.

First of all, can you give more info? Like the time line of your application process and when were you interviewed and what did they tell you at the end of the interview?

do you have an attorney? he or she should call the asylum office for you. An AILA memeber can get in touch with the management of the office.

If you do not have an attorney, my suggestion is to send a letter (certified mail) to the attention of the director of the asylum office.

Thank you agin !

I was interviewed 4 months ago in Seattle.The asylum office is in San Fransico. They travel to interview in Seattle field office. At the end of the interview I received a letter that says you don't need to come. the decision will be sent.Waiting for 150 days and I applied for EAD. The Nebraska service center sent me a denial notice that says you were granted asylum.our records reveal you should have received it. if not contact the asylum office which granted your asylum.I went to Seattle field office and they said it is pending.i asked if it is possible to call to the asylum office but appeared to be hesitant. I don't have an attorney .

thanks,

this happened to my bro. write to ur asylum office and told them the NEBRASKA denied ur EAD cos I already got approved for asylum and should have received my EAD from asylum office. include the letter NEBRASKA sent you. after sometime you will receive asylum approval letter from asylum office along with thr EAD.

my bro's I-94 for asylum shows grant date of july but the grant date on approval letter shows october . when inquired, it is noted that grant date on approval letter should be counted not the one on I-94.

The reason is that, the asylum office has already decided and approved ur asylum but did not state it in writing so writing is the asylum approval letter from asylum office.
I hope this solves your confusion!

Thanks,

Thank you so much.I sent a letter with the copy of the Nebraska denial notice. I will see what happens.
I will keep you guys updated.