Asylees added to backlog

Vle

Registered Users (C)
Asylees part of backlog elimination

The September issue of USCIS newsletter says that their backlog grew by 174.000 cases because asylees were added to the backlog because of the removal of the cap. Supposedly we're part of the backlog now and targeted for elimination by the end of FY 2006. Supposedly.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/USCISToday_Sep_05.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Vle said:
The September issue of USCIS newsletter says that their backlog grew by 174.000 cases because asylees were added to the backlog because of the removal of the cap. Supposedly we're part of the backlog now and targeted for elimination by the end of FY 2006. Supposedly.

Newsletter

This means we are all to be GC by 9/06. That will be much better than ALIA deal.

asluser said:
This means we are all to be GC by 9/06. That will be much better than ALIA deal.

YES!!!! Finally it is confirmed. Thanks Vle. See what USCIS says:

"During the third quarter of FY 2005, the backlog was increased by about 174,000 asylum adjustment cases. These cases were added after the enactment of the REAL ID Act of 2005, wherein a previous statute limiting USCIS from completing more than 10,000 applications for Form I-485, Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Residence for Asylees, was lifted. USCIS employees are working to address this influx of new cases, establish a maximum six-month processing period for every application received and eliminate the current backlogs by the end of FY 2006." :D

Cl_Asylee said:
YES!!!! Finally it is confirmed. Thanks Vle. See what USCIS says:

"During the third quarter of FY 2005, the backlog was increased by about 174,000 asylum adjustment cases. These cases were added after the enactment of the REAL ID Act of 2005, wherein a previous statute limiting USCIS from completing more than 10,000 applications for Form I-485, Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Residence for Asylees, was lifted. USCIS employees are working to address this influx of new cases, establish a maximum six-month processing period for every application received and eliminate the current backlogs by the end of FY 2006." :D
post link , pls

Lazerthegreat said:
its up there.... "newsletter".. plz read

Lazer,

Have you got your approval yet? It looks like even if you filed 5 years later, it would probably have a close approval date. :rolleyes:

windywd said:
Lazer,

Have you got your approval yet? It looks like even if you filed 5 years later, it would probably have a close approval date. :rolleyes:

windwd! Nothing yet... :( I have asked congressman's office to inquire but all they do is to initiate a general inquiry and CIS people will give them a generic response which they would forward it to me. I will try to meet congressman if nothing happens.

OK How about this:

If we all here do not get approved before Oct 1st 2006, I will personally... hmmm... organize dinner for all of non-approved asylees and invite USCIS officers, TV stations...

In other words, I am sure they are serious this time, or I would not make such promises :cool:

I agree.

I am a little optimistic about it. Think of it, this is something posted in their own website and distributed millions copies. If they fail to do it in a wide margin, someone has to account for it. :rolleyes:

Excelent news.

This is the explanation about why the number of adjustmens has been increasing so fast.
Certainly will be even faster in the next monts.
So Guys...hold your hats and enjoy the new ride at better speed.

I like this thread - thanks!

Guys,

this is indeed hapenning. We have seen the USCIS actually follow up with their promise. What I mean to say is that they have sent letters to a few members on this board informing them that their case have been forwarded to Texas processing center to reduce backlog. Until now this was true only for H1-B prior to perm. But now looks like they actully included asylum applications as well. Too good to be true, but I think it's sort of happening. :eek: