Asylee to file 485 but ever arrested in COP

cnusgccs

Registered Users (C)
It's been a year and It's time to file 485. But one question on 485 gives me a headache.

"Have you, in or outside the US, been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, fined, or imprisioned for breaking or voilating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?"

I was unjustly arrested and persecuted by policemen in my COP before I came to the US and that is the reason why I was granted asylum. In my life, I have never committed any crime or offended any law in the US or any other country.

So to answer this question, should I say no because I actually never break any law because that arrest is unjustly and is persecution which I have explained in my asylum applicaion. Or should I say yes because that is an arrest after all and I'm afraid immigration would say I lie to them if I click NO.

Guys, give me your advice, should I say yes or no here.

I had the same headache you are talking about, but read it once again:"Have you, in or outside the US, been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, fined, or imprisioned for breaking or voilating any law or ordinance, excluding traffic violations?"

If you did break the law, and got arrested- it is one thing, if you were detained/arrested but you were innocent and you told the judge/immigration officer about it and got your assylum- it is quite a different story. If you want to check the box "yest" and then give a very detailed explanation of a separate sheet, that is also very good.
IMHO...

Thanks, romashka
I will take your advice and check "NO"
I see you got your green card in 2 months, Congratulations!