Asylee N-400 Interview Experiences and 2009 Tracker

I had the same outlook as you few years back but I did change my outlook on things. Look I havent gone to COP and will never go even when i become a USC...but for some people its different. Yes they were persecuted but things may have changed as for country conditions..etc! ...I claimed asylum in 1992 and I can tell you for sure that things have changed in my COP in the 18 or so years...Others are in the same boat.

I learned in the past that we can't call this a black & white issue..because even USCIS is not sure how to handle it. I never used by NP but time after time when I traveled(with GC), the officers said where is your NP...well they didnt care if I was an ex-asylee and that I couldnt' use NP...but they kept on asking..sending me to secondary..finally I got it written from them that they want me to use a NP and not a RP...

Point is USCIS is not clear about this issue. Whenever somoene goes for their interview for USC..it will be judged by the officer as to whta is fake and what is real..dont you think?

Agree with that, but I was talking about Brand new asylees. Those who just got their asylum or waiting and trying to visit COP on vacation after wining the asylum case.

Yes,in 5-10-20 years situation in your country can change new government etc. If situation in my country will change I will go visit. Why not? Im not judging those people, they lived in US they adopted this live, wanna go to COP for vacation, why not? It's been awhile since things has changed. that's different.

wantmygcnow;

Don't waste you time. He will come back with another argument. Your story is like mine. At first I thought no one could go back to their COP. Over the years, I have learn the story is different.

My advise..., don't advise. Everyone will end up doing what they want.

Good luck with your process.
:D

So please tell me who can and who can't go back to COP?

I wanna hear another opinion, Im seriously.
For me if you Brand new asylee and going to COP your asylum should be revoken, period. No questions asked.

If situation in your country has change, agree you can go and visit your friends relatives etc.

americadream

I have no idea. If you want to know, ask USCIS directly.
I'm not a lawyer or a INS agent!

I fully agree with you Colombian PR. I think some people here may misunderstand the true value of this forum. From my point of view, the most important part of this forum is just to share personal immigration experience as well as personal opinion, not to take any advise at all. Everyone needs to make his/her own judgment at his/her own risk based on the best knowledge. Where is the best knowledge coming from? From this forum, all postings, but absolutely not from any advise.

I noticed that Uncle Joe will have Interview today so I wish him all the best. In the meantime, I am also sure you will be the lucky one too!

wantmygcnow;

Don't waste you time. He will come back with another argument. Your story is like mine. At first I thought no one could go back to their COP. Over the years, I have learn the story is different.

My advise..., don't advise. Everyone will end up doing what they want.

Good luck with your process.

Never end discussion, I have been in this forum for many years and have seen this so many times, never an agreement or conclusion. It's never a positive or constructive discussion, the same end always.

So please tell me who can and who can't go back to COP?

I wanna hear another opinion, Im seriously.
For me if you Brand new asylee and going to COP your asylum should be revoken, period. No questions asked.

If situation in your country has change, agree you can go and visit your friends relatives etc.

Dear Uncle Joe,

You are beating a dead horse. You seem like a new guy on this board so you might not be well informed but this topic has been discussed on this forum for many years with no resolution. Please listen to the veteran advise Mr. wantmygcnow given you and let USCIS be the judge. If you are still not satisfied, please search the archives from last 5 years on this forum and you will find how many times we have kicked this dead horse. Good luck!

Dear Uncle Joe,

You are beating a dead horse. You seem like a new guy on this board so you might not be well informed but this topic has been discussed on this forum for many years with no resolution. Please listen to the veteran advise Mr. wantmygcnow given you and let USCIS be the judge. If you are still not satisfied, please search the archives from last 5 years on this forum and you will find how many times we have kicked this dead horse. Good luck!

Uncle Joe is defenitly too new to the forum. He has not read all that has been said here. He's been here for 2 months only.

In and out in 5 min.
Went 3 time to my home country.
Renewed national passport.
No question about any of these.

App mailed 7/23/2009
Int Date 10/27/2009 passed

Uncle Joe,

I have a question for you:

As you posted it on your signature, you became resident on 2007, that is the date in the back of your card or is actually the date in front of your card. The reason why I am asking, and I will appreciate if you can help me with this, is because is my undersatanding that you got to wait at least 4 years and 9 months for asylees to submit your N400 but it looks that you submitted yours way in advance and it was actually acepted.

Please let me know since my time of 4years and 9 months will be completed on February next year but I can apply now, it will be much better.

Thanks.
Jcasylee

Knowing details?
Please explain me, I just didn't get it. Principal asylum asking protection from
his/her country saying that he can't go back because of this taht, etc. Then he/she travels to this country over and over again. So is that normal? Im paying taxes to support those "asylees"?

I'm not judging her. I don't like when people giving bad advices, encouraging other people to do things which can affect their status. I don't like when people getting asylum they didn't deserve, faking facts of persecution, then after granting asylum, going to COP for vacation. I don't like when other people who really can't go back getting deported because a lot of fakers around. I don't like when people trying to f...ck the Government to get benefits out of it.

I'm worrying about people who suffering and for those who's getting asylum or refugee status and that status is only one chance for them.

Uncle Joe,

I have a question for you:

As you posted it on your signature, you became resident on 2007, that is the date in the back of your card or is actually the date in front of your card. The reason why I am asking, and I will appreciate if you can help me with this, is because is my undersatanding that you got to wait at least 4 years and 9 months for asylees to submit your N400 but it looks that you submitted yours way in advance and it was actually acepted.

Please let me know since my time of 4years and 9 months will be completed on February next year but I can apply now, it will be much better.

Thanks.
Jcasylee

I applied because I was tired to wait( :rolleyes: Just kidding:D
I applied based on INA 329, I was eligible for citizenship in 2007

In and out in 5 min.

App mailed 7/23/2009
CONGRATULATION..where are you? where was your interview? gosh i'm waiting next year./..lol..i want to be a citizen..i'm so exited for you guys..i work with refugess and someone( an inmigration lawyer) was telling me that they want to put just four years to get the citizenship for ex asyless(counting the retroactive year)..maybe is just words..but i wish was true
gosh i want the next year now..lol..good night

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed my History and Civics test yesterday

The enterview was very easy. The officer was ver profesional. In and out in 10 minutes. She did not ask anything about traveling to COP or renewing my passport.

I'm now waiting for my oath ceremony!

The enterview was very easy. The officer was ver profesional. In and out in 10 minutes. She did not ask anything about traveling to COP or renewing my passport.

I'm now waiting for my oath ceremony!

Detailssssssssssssss! please! Even if you didnt ask about COP..tell us the entire experience. After how many weeks of FPs did you get the interview letter?

Detailssssssssssssss! please! Even if you didnt ask about COP..tell us the entire experience. After how many weeks of FPs did you get the interview letter?

My interview was at 2:00 PM in Hialeah Service Center in Florida. I was called in at 2:00.
Before I sit she asked me to swear that I was going to tell the truth, which I just answer I do.

She asked me to show her my passports and my green. I had a current passport from my country, an expired Refugee Travel Document and an expired pasport from my country. She looked at the first page to see if they had mu picture and that was it.

The Officer went through my application really fast. She asked a few questions and went on with the English test.
She asked me to read a sentence that said "What state has de most people?" , she then asked me write "California has the most people".

She then started to ask the history questions:

1. Why did colonists fight the British?
2. Why does the flag has 50 stars?
3. What is the supreme law of the land?
4. What was United State concerned during the cold war?

and I can't remember the last one.

At the end she said Congratulations, you passed the test. An Oath letter will come in the mail.

I asked her If she had an idea more or less was I going to have my oath ceremony and she said at the beginning of December, since my 5 continuous permanent residence will be on November 21st.

She never asked anything about my asylum, or if I had gone back to my COP.
I definitely think once you get your Permanent Resident, your asylum status is history.

I DID IT!!!!

Quick question for Colombian PR

She asked me to show her my passports and my green. I had a current passport from my country, an expired Refugee Travel Document and an expired passport from my country. She looked at the first page to see if they had mu picture and that was it.

Congratulation Colombian PR on your interview results !!! Quick question - did you renew your passport from COP? You said you have a current and expired passport.Your reply is greatly appreciated....

Shine some light on your experience

In and out in 5 min.

App mailed 7/23/2009

Congratulation cleo4 on your success story !! I have a few questions I would like to ask if you don't mind. were you a main applicant or derivative? Is your case based on religion , sexual orientation or other ? were there an overwhelming reasons for you to visit COP like sick parents , property transfers or else ?Also tell us a little bit more about other questions that the IO asked in regards to your work , tax , residence ...?