Asylee getting GC by marriage - going back to the home country?

The reason you haven't got a reply to your question is because the answer is too obvious. Just think about it. If you receive a GC through marriage (granted its not a fictitious one) you're on the fast track buddy. You can forget about your worries as an asylee, you belong to a different club. If I were you I wouldn't even waste my money on obtaining a GC through asylum, just forget about the whole thing (unless you're in it for the benefits).
With a GC through marriage you can go anywhere you want to. Well, may be not everywhere, I wouldn't recommend visiting other women (or men if you're a lady) ;) Good luck.

I had a paid consultation with a lawyer several weeks ago. One of the issues I brought up was can I go back after adjusting status by on marriage. His response was NO. Doing do would open you up to a fraud investigation by the BCIS.

Repeat do not tempt fate by going bakc.

Originally posted by mrv71
What if asylee gets a GC by marriage, after getting tired of waiting for asylum GC? Will he have problems going back to his country and coming using a marriage GC?

Anybody heard of such case?

Thanks,
mrv71

my lawyer also said the same thing.
he said that i could go but it would jeopardize your assylum case (with gc aprrove or not).

This does not make sence guys. So what if it's been a few years, you have the GC through marriage and there' no longer the danger factor you were trying to escape in your country? There has to be some sort of statute of limitations for asylum cases, otherwise, according to this theory, INS can instigate a fraud investigation even if you're a citizen.