Assylum:Is it possible to get Citizenship first before G.C?

djohan

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible to get the citizenship before getting my greencard?
My attorney told me that i can apply for the citizenship as long as I have had my allien number for more than 5 years! Can i assume that the A# on my assylum receipt is my Allien number? thanks:confused:

Are you sure?
Because if it can work, why don't I wait for 5 years then, I can sponsor my husband.
Let's see, I've been granted asylum for almost 2 years. Then, I have 3 years to go.
Well?????? Is it true, please, anybody who knows.....

That was absolutely gibberish. Even in case of refugees (their GCs are backdated to the date of admissions) they must have their GC in their physical possession before applying for citizenship.

If you immigrate through asylum, you must have your actual green card for four years before getting your citizenship.

want to have your citizenship without a green card first? your only hope is a military draft (hopefully such a national emergency will never come to pass).

Originally posted by PaU^_^PaU
Are you sure?
Because if it can work, why don't I wait for 5 years then, I can sponsor my husband.
Let's see, I've been granted asylum for almost 2 years. Then, I have 3 years to go.
Well?????? Is it true, please, anybody who knows.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I was referring to the serious situation in which everyone regardless of immigration status was liable to be called to serve in the armed forces. People got their citizenship papers on the spot in those instances. In normal times you need a green card to serve in the military

(because we are at war now, if you have a green card and you are in the militar, you can get your citizenship immediately. To illustrate, if Shamshon or I care to enlist now, we can become citizens in a few weeks rather than 4 years).

Originally posted by Gilbert
I was referring to the serious situation in which everyone regardless of immigration status was liable to be called to serve in the armed forces. People got their citizenship papers on the spot in those instances. In normal times you need a green card to serve in the military

(because we are at war now, if you have a green card and you are in the militar, you can get your citizenship immediately. To illustrate, if Shamshon or I care to enlist now, we can become citizens in a few weeks rather than 4 years).

few weeks?? That sounds great!!
Hey, I'd already registered for Selective Service,
is it possible for me to join the army regardless my immigration status?? I'm thinking if it's true, I'd like to serve for National Guard or sth...U.S.A.F and Army is ok~~