Assure I89 Scan during stamping

perai123

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends

After going through an arduous journey of 3 years and six months I got my plastic card also yesterday. With this the green card saga was completed for me.

N.B. After I gave my stamping in Jun 16th, they did not scan my I89 and sent my file directly to archives. After repeated reminders, they took it back from the cold storage and ordered for the physical card. So when you go for stamping, check with the IIO that whether they really scanned your I89. Otherwise you've to go through another waiting game. Some times, these IIO's send our files to archives directly instead of processing it.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Best Wishes for all of you in the queue to get your card soon.

Hey perai123,

Nice to see you back. Thanks for the update. Will keep that in mind, for the big day, if my mind can grasp anything other than the approval! :)

I140, how is your case proceeding? I still could not forget this wonderful forum and I keep visiting this forum now and then.

WowGC

I89 is the card, in which the IIO gets your fingerprint and signature when you go for stamping. Some times they don't send the card for process, instead they send it back to archives. When you go for stamping, if the IIO is friendly to you, just chedk with him/her whether he has done all the formalities (they call it scanning the I89) to order a new card for you.

In my case, I gave the stamping on Jun 16th, my family gave on Sep 16th. They got the card in one month, for me, I had to send two reminders and one personal visit to SFO office to move their ass.

I thought of saring my experience with other members, because it happens frequently to so many. So if possible, after stamping, just remind the IIO about scanning I89.

Best Wishes

perai123,

Still stuck in the mud! :) Though my renewal AP and EAD have been approved, about 12 more months I would imagine. Approvals have picked up a bit, but not so much that it calls for breaking out the Champagne. :)

Thanks for the updates though. I am sure it will help a lot of people.

no card since 03/2003.

stamping in 03/2003 and still waitinf for the card.

have to go to san jose for another stamping.

maybe they forgot "scan i89" for me?