Assistance needed plz

Carrieberryca

Hi there. I'm new here, and I hope I'm posting in the right forum. If I'm not, bare with me folks. :)

I'm a Canadian Citizen. I was born here, and have lived here all my life. I am currently working for a US company here in Canada, and have worked my way up the corporate ladder. Aside from working for a US company here in Canada, I also have become involved with my boss, whom is a US citizen. We have spent quite a lot of time together this past year, and would like to solidify the relationship and have me move there.

Recently, I have considered moving to the US under Landed Immigrant Status. I know that this is a difficult process, but I'm completely up in the air about what steps I need to take. I become confused by all of the information online, and I'm really not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling here. Should I apply for my green card first, then apply for landed immigrant status, or vise versa? Should I mention being involved with someone in the US or not? How long is the process, and do they treat us like criminals (IE: are they mean to us?) Inquiring minds need to know.

Thanks in Advance,

Carrie

>>Hi there. I'm new here, and I hope I'm posting in the right >>forum. If I'm not, bare with me folks.

I sure you meant to say "bear" with me ...:)

Being a canadian citizen , you just cannot "MOVE" to US and get a GC status .

You need to get engaged to the US citizen and file for K1 (fiancee) visa or get married to him and file for (K-3) spouse visa .
You will get a conditional GC for 2 years and the conditions will be removed after an interview after 2 years

Then only you will be a GC holder of US

Hope this helps

After three years of becoming US PR, if you still remain married to your American wife, then you will be eligible for US Citizenship