Assigned to an officer

yvesliu

Registered Users (C)
What does "your case will be assigned to an officer in the next 30 days" mean? Name check cleared?

Thanks for the reply. That is not for my case. A friend of mine got an e-mail from his lawyer about it. We were confused about why "in 30 days".

My PD is current. EB-2 India.

I got a similar email earlier this month in response to my enquiry by phone a month ago. Though the email did not say 30 days... it said that my case status is "awaiting assignment to an officer". The curious thing was I got my 3rd FP (2 nd Code 1) notice which I have already completed. However, I did not see an LUD in my I485 because of any of the events above.

I am not sure if my name check is done or anything. Just the good old mushroom treatment.

yvesliu said:
Thanks for the reply. That is not for my case. A friend of mine got an e-mail from his lawyer about it. We were confused about why "in 30 days".

yvesliu said:
What does "your case will be assigned to an officer in the next 30 days" mean? Name check cleared?

Once it is assigned to an officer, usually you will hear the decision within a few weeks. In my case, it took 2-3 weeks for the approval after it assigned to an officer. Yours approval is on its way!

Good luck.,