Asking for help from Chinese in US and have gone and back from landing in Canada

meg_z

Registered Users (C)
Here is my situation:

landed in Canada in 2001 and came back to the US ever since. I know the Canada PR is expired. But the Chinese consulate thinks otherwise somehow. I went to the consulate to get my daughter's travel document (hui xiang zheng), and it was refused citing since we have "Canadian green card" (stamp in passport). Therefore she is not considered Chinese citizen anymore. Accroding to their website, if both parents do not have US green card (which is true in our case), the child is considered Chinese citizen. Anyhow we had to pay more to get her Chinese visa!

During the conversations we had with both the regular worker and the supervisor, they said that I was already qualified to be a Candian citizen. They asked my for specific proof from the Canadian goverment that my Canadian PR is no longer valid. They implied that I probably already had a Canadian passport, but somehow tried to hide the fact from them. This got me worried about my passport renewal due in May 2008. Could they refuse to renewal my Chinese passport due to that Candian immigration stamp in my passport?

Any experience or comments are welcome.