Ask your bank to cancel the check mailed for lawsuit

LAw suit is the right direction

WE havew to launch suit..no other solution...and that's the right strategy..have waited from 2001 and I see no end to this stalemate and year after year goes by and there is status Quo on the cases...

Time is precious in this country to everybody and to abuse any body's times makes it even worse than being in Abu Grahib prison...

I guarantee that the letter will do you no good...LAw suit is the only option not the ultimate

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 2nd @ 10:30

GCBy2010 said:
How about 10.00 or 10.30 AM eastern on Feb 2nd ?

Did Rajiv come up with any timings ?

We can do feb 2nd at 10:30. I will send a note to Rita so that she will arrange Rajivs meet time. Please be aware of the conference call number that I received from Rita today. Here is the details.

The access number and code are as follows:
Phone Number: 319-256-0200
Access Code: #580917

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Post all ur questions here before the call

Hello friends,
just my suggestions that we should post all the questions here before the call, we can filter the questions and then labordrags can ask them for us during the call.
And no personal questions please, like, when will my case be done?, In one of earlier calls, some people started asking personal questions and we lost the main purpose of the call.
Thanks for all your effort everyone,
dgb

Sample Questions !

Here are some questions that I came up with.. Please feel free to add/modify/correct questions below to suit based on your perception of issues with the BECs.

1. How can we make BECs to publish timelines ? Will Law suit help.

2. Can we make BECs answer the question as to when they expect to approve all the backlogged cases ?

3. Non-RIR applications are being approved out of order. Can this be criteria for the lawsuit.

4. What are the other criteria that can be used to defend our position

5. In which court do we file the lawsuit ?

6. What kind of support do you need from us for the lawsuit..

7. Should our current employers be notified if we file a lawsuit

8. Can we make some resposible official from the BEC to attend the lawsuit and answer our questions. How do we summon them ?

9. How much will the lawsuit cost.

Also as Days_go_by pointed out earlier please do not ask cases specific questions like "when will my case be approved ?" or other out of topic clarifications like "How can 7th year extensions be done" or "what will happen if my BEC case is converted to RIR" etc.. It is not to discourage other people who want personal information based on their need, but this call is not meant for that purpose.

Thanks GCBy2010,
If you don't mind I add some more.

0. Need to thank Rajiv for dedicating his time to this.

1. How can we make BECs to publish timelines ? Will Law suit help.

2. Can we make BECs answer the question as to when they expect to approve all the backlogged cases ?

3. Non-RIR applications are being approved out of order. Can this be criteria for the lawsuit.

3.5. BECs work at a very different pace. DBEC process cases 3 times faster than PBEC(according to our tracker). The difference in priority date for RiR between two centers is almost 2 years.

3.6 People who file PERM jump over the heads of those waiting in the line for many years. At the same time PERM does not favor refiling older cases so earlier filers have no choice but wait.

(3, 3.5 and 3.6) Allow later filers take the limited visa number before earlier ones.

4. What are the other criteria that can be used to defend our position

5. In which court do we file the lawsuit ?

6. What kind of support do you need from us for the lawsuit..

7. Should our current employers be notified if we file a lawsuit

8. Can we make some resposible official from the BEC to attend the lawsuit and answer our questions. How do we summon them ?

9. How much will the lawsuit cost.

10. How many of us can/should participate in the proceedings

11. How long will it take to get the court decision.

12. Before coming with the idea of BEC, DOL conducted a well funded investigation of the problem and concluded they needed 2 years to process all cases. They received proper funding based on that investigation.
How come it was so misleading ? Can they be sued for wasting the money ?

I think the questions can be sent to Rajiv before the call so that he would have some time to think about them and we could get better prepared answers.

Details about the call

labordrags said:
Dont worry about the employer. We have plenty of them. Lets first focus on if or not are we going to bring the lawsuit. Lets wait till we hear from Rajiv, and see what can be done? But until then lets continue to discuss the pros and cons of lawsuit. Like I said eariler we must do something, and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get this done.

In the meantime, here is the info for the conference call number: I am not sure when we can initiate the call. I will be much more busier coming this weekend and if we do the conference on Friday, I might not be able to attend it.

Rita got back to me with this info:
The access number and code are as follows:
Phone Number: 319-256-0200
Access Code: #580917

What time is it scheduled ? please let us know

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Update

SBDol,

Good point in your post above.. Labordrags, can you help sending the questions in post #30, to Rita or Rajiv ?

The Call is at 10.30 AM EST Tomorrow (Thursday)

We need to bring the Stephen Stefanko issue at PBEC to this conference call.

GCBy2010 said:
SBDol,

Good point in your post above.. Labordrags, can you help sending the questions in post #30, to Rita or Rajiv ?

The Call is at 10.30 AM EST Tomorrow (Thursday)

That went pretty well...

atleast the FOIA will get us some ans. on which cases have been approved the last 1 yr.

Please post of summary details of the Call-> moderator

For poeple who were not able to get on the call ...could you please post the details

Conference Call Minutes

The call went very well today. Thanks to Rajiv for hosting the call. Main points discussed are summarized below.. Others please add to the points..

1. It is possible to file a lawsuit. Initially we need about 10,000 dollars to file the lawsuit.. But it may cost upto 50,000 later. (Please correct 50K or 15K !)

2. End result of lawsuit may be nothing. But it may have the effect of BEC adjudicating cases sooner atleast for some cases.

3. It will not be a Class Action Lawsuit (to save time and money).

4. I would suggest about 100 dollars to start with is reasonable for a lot of people to contribute .. So it is better if we have more people.. atleast about 100 people, so that the individual amount to be contributed will be decreased.

5. It is essential that the priority date for these people are in 2003 or earlier.

6. To start with Rajiv, expects to hear from about 40 to 50 people who can send a brief description of their labor certification case to him. Their office will review the cases to include in the lawsuit.

7. Later on when the case is filed, Rajiv suggested that we give him as much details about the case as possible including the Part A and Part B of the labor application that was filed.

I will try to keep adding if I remember more.. Please feel free to add/modify anything that I have stated incorrectly.

I am willing to put together one word document if you guys want to respond to me with your case details. I will destroy your case details once I send to Rajiv. Remember we need actual case numbers with a brief description of case and why you expect it be processed sooner, something like early priority date etc..

GCBy2010 said:
The call went very well today. Thanks to Rajiv for hosting the call. Main points discussed are summarized below.. Others please add to the points..

1. It is possible to file a lawsuit. Initially we need about 10,000 dollars to file the lawsuit.. But it may cost upto 50,000 later. (Please correct 50K or 15K !)

2. End result of lawsuit may be nothing. But it may have the effect of BEC adjudicating cases sooner atleast for some cases.

2.5 The main reason why we should file a lawsuit is to bring attention to what is happening at DOL. If you remember the I485 litigation was lost but it was discussed in both houses in Congress and without doubt had an enormous effect on the following work of INS.

2.6 The whole process should take a few( maybe four if I heard correctly) months.

2.7. It would be the best to file the lawsuit in California due to the nature of the courts there but that way it would be difficult to represent the cases form other states. Filing the lawsuit in DC covers all states.

4. I would suggest about 100 dollars to start with is reasonable for a lot of people to contribute .. So it is better if we have more people.. atleast about 100 people, so that the individual amount to be contributed will be decreased.

5. It is essential that the priority date for these people are in 2003 or earlier.

6. To start with Rajiv, expects to hear from about 40 to 50 people who can send a brief description of their labor certification case to him. Their office will review the cases to include in the lawsuit.

7. Later on when the case is filed, Rajiv suggested that we give him as much details about the case as possible including the Part A and Part B of the labor application that was filed.

I will try to keep adding if I remember more.. Please feel free to add/modify anything that I have stated incorrectly.

I am willing to put together one word document if you guys want to respond to me with your case details. I will destroy your case details once I send to Rajiv. Remember we need actual case numbers with a brief description of case and why you expect it be processed sooner, something like early priority date etc..

GCBy2010 said:

I think before we start geting contributions, its better to clear out if employer name is required for participation or not. I am sure there lot of willing volunteers who like to contribute time and money if employer disclosure is not required.

Labor filing company involvement ?

Rajiv said that employer does not need to be notified or get involved in anyway in the lawsuit.

But when the labor application copy is given to Rajiv or your details are given to him, it will have to be disclosed in the court. But I don't believe that is going to affect anything with our companies that filed for the labor. They may not even know we are doing this. It will be a court disclosure..

Correct me if I am wrong.