ASC -- Question for you...

srini123

Registered Users (C)
Did Arlington INS tell you that they would schedule an interview for
you, after 20 months? Is this 20 months, counted from the date of your
I-485 ND? did you happen to go there to Arlington, INS? is this 20 months duration, a standard practice for them?

Thankyou!!!

No Title

Interview Notice from Baltimore even before I got my FP Done. Yes, today I received an interview Notice for me and my wife from Baltimore. About 3 weeks back I received FP Notice from VSC asking me to go for FP to Baltimire on March 6th. Week after that I receive anohter Notice from VSC saying my case has been transfered to local Baltimore INS. Two weeks later I get a letter from Baltimore asking me and my wife to appear for an interview for my I-485 Immigration Petition on March 22nd. Strangely, they didn\'t ask me to come with documents to show proff of my job or anything like that. They are only interested in proof that me and my wife are really married. They asked us to come with orginals and copies of our Marriage certificate, Photos of wedding, joint bank accounts proof from the time of marriage till now, Names on company health and Life Insurance plans showing the name of emergency contacts and so on. Also, of mortgage papers and so on where in they want to see both our names together on some important documents. ALso, if we have son his BirthCertificate.

This looks like a weird RFE to me. They asked us to come on the same day but different timings. One at 7:45 am and the other at 3pm. I was wondering if we both can go together at 7:45 as they asked for the same documents. Also, I never heard of such an RFE before. I was wondering if this will be the final process in my case before they approve my I-485 and how long it will take after the interview. I\'ve seen articles here where in they got approved 2-weeks after the interview date and are called for stamping.

The speed at which I got all my final notices took me by surprise as I wasn\'t even expecting an interview till late July after my FP. I thinking VSC is finally working on catching up with other Service Centers. Good Luck to you all at Baltimore.

No Title

Actually, I am replying to Srini123: I did go to the Arlington office. The IIO\'s told me it is atleaset 20 months from the ND date (certainly not the transfer date). Before we enter into the building there is a notice board which list\'s all the processing times and for I-485 it is 20 months. Hope this helps and by the way, did your case transferred too?

No Title

ASC -- Thanks much for replying....my 485 is pending at VSC, and
I just wanted to find out info about INS Arlington...looks as if
local offices at Baltimore, Newark are doing a much better job...
hope Arlington would get to your case much sooner than later...
was there any particular reason your case was transferred?

Thanks again!

No Title

NIW changed employer\'s, but still in the SAME FIELD (I think that\'s the reason). Case transferred after resonding to employment letter RFE. Good luck to you...