AS6 with need for emergency travel to COP

ftrusctzn

Registered Users (C)
I applied for asylum in 2001 but was granted in 04.I just received my GC and my grandmother is very ill in COP.Things have changed a lot since 01.I'd like to know what are your thoughts on this.I also called USCIS and they told me since it's a short emergency trip.It shouldn't be a problem but bring back some evidence just in case.They also told me that the worse that could happen is me losing the AS6 condition on my GC but I'll still be a LPR.I'm confused.Tell me what you think

The rate at which people are calling INS, they will definitely post a new fact sheet about AS6 traveling to COP.

You can travel home and then bring with you proof or
you can travel to a neighboring country and then walk or drive to COP.

That' what I was told.she said I could lose the asylum conditions on my GC but I'll still be a LPR.I don't quite get it and I really need to travel

USCIS customer service does not provide the most useful or accurate information. What you have been told (losing asylum condition and retaining LPR) is baloney.

Anytime you want a serious policy question answered, do not call customer service. Your best bet is to have an attorney contacting USCIS management either at the local or national level. Most good attorneys have the email addresses/direct numbers of senior USCIS officials who (most of the time) are very helpful.

Immigration law is as complicated as securities law or tax law. Do you really expect a lowly-paid and lightly trained customer rep to understand the nuances of the law? Be realistic.