AS6 back from COP, duration of trip 20 days!

Double_V

Registered Users (C)
I just want to tell you people, how relief I am right now, my dear mother just come back from COP with AS6 card and NP(renewed at here), POE is SFO, she got no problem, the only thing stop her for ten minutes is the officer asked her for outward air ticket, since my mother barely speak English, they sent for an interpreter. Now she is on the connecting flight back home.
I just want to say, the reason you people struggling here is because you guys know too much, if you guys just appreciate the fact that Green Card is Green Card, you will be all fine. For a matter of fact, the “Fact Sheet” kind of freak me out, because it was released right after my mother tool her trip, you people have no idea how worried I was, and thank you people who has been really positive on this issue, I am not saying it is ok to go back your COP, you guys do it on your own risk.
I(AS8) am going back in May, and I will be so happy! :rolleyes:

Double_V said:
I just want to tell you people, how relief I am right now, my dear mother just come back from COP with AS6 card and NP(renewed at here), POE is SFO, she got no problem, the only thing stop her for ten minutes is the officer asked her for outward air ticket, since my mother barely speak English, they sent for an interpreter. Now she is on the connecting flight back home.
I just want to say, the reason you people struggling here is because you guys know too much, if you guys just appreciate the fact that Green Card is Green Card, you will be all fine. For a matter of fact, the “Fact Sheet” kind of freak me out, because it was released right after my mother tool her trip, you people have no idea how worried I was, and thank you people who has been really positive on this issue, I am not saying it is ok to go back your COP, you guys do it on your own risk.

There is never a problem entering the USA... the POE officer just make sure you have the proper documentation to enter the country.

The problem is, if any, at the citizenship interview...

since my mother barely speak English,and Citizen Test is going to be reformed by the time she can apply, she is not looking forward to it! what else would you say?! :D

Double_V said:

You worry was the problem, not the furom members. I haven't seen anyone on the furom suggesting asylees getting stopped at the port of entry.

Double_V said:
I dont think I get your point! :confused:

Thanks for your respectfulness: What I meant is you shouldn't have worried in the first place......It was clear that your mom won't have issue at the port of entry.

well, someone in this place are extremly negative about going to COP, and I think they are not worry about their safty in the COP, besides, I think they just afraid of coming back, being quesitoned at POE, and from my point of view they are metally persecuted by USCIS! :mad:

Double_V said:
since my mother barely speak English,and Citizen Test is going to be reformed by the time she can apply, she is not looking forward to it! what else would you say?! :D
I KNOW ONE OF MY FRIEND WHO GOT CITIZENSHIP LAST WEEK AND HE WAS IN COP THREE TIMES NEVER GOT PROBLEM ON POE.

where are those people who had been negative all these days?!

where are those people who had been negative these days?!
come in and say something!
my mother's NP stamped with blue stamp with officer's hand writing states" ARC" which I believe it stands for " alien registration card"

Double_V said:

That she will still have to renew her Green Card in 10 years :D

Double V

Hey Double,
I'm happy that your Mom made this trip which I'm sure she had a valid reason for. At the same token, US Citizenship is very valuable. Although, you mentioned that she barely speaks English but there a lot of benefits that she can derive if she can become US citizen. I know that written test civic/history in English but These are the waivers you can claim based on age. These waivers are not automatic.

(a) If you are over 50 and have lived in
the United States as a Permanent
Resident for periods totaling at least
20 years, you do not have to take the
English test. You do have to take the
civics test in the language of your
choice;
(b) If you are over 55 and have lived in
the United States as a Permanent
Resident for periods totaling at least
15 years, you do not have to take the
English test. You do have to take the
civics test in the language of your
choice;
(c) If you are over 65 and have lived in the
United States as a Permanent Resident
for periods totaling at least 20 years,
you do not have to take the English test,
but you do have to take a simpler
version of the civics test in the language
of your choice.

There are certain benefits like cheaper health insurance and Retiring in another country and collecting social security which are much easier when you are citizen. So, its good that she went home but I don't think you should taunt and flaunt others who for whatever reason can't go back.

Double_V said:
my mother's NP stamped with blue stamp with officer's hand writing states" ARC" which I believe it stands for " alien registration card"

I don't understand what you are trying to prove here. The fact that your mother was able to get back without problems does not necessarily means that it's ok for asylees to travel to COP without a good reason. As ccordova624 has mentioned your mother would've returned without problems in any case. However you don't know what an IO might ask you during a neturalization interview or what kind of request for additional evidence he or she can ask when renewing your mom's GC. This question has been discussed numerious times on the board and we still don't have a clear answer.

What an attitud!!!!

Double_V said:

If what you are looking for here is fight, I think you should look somewhere else.

And if your mother is OK being a Permanent Resident, fine, I have higher aspirations and would really want be an American Citizen one day.

She could come in the US with out a problem, but that doesn't mean it's ok for every one to go back to COP.

By the way, you should change that stupid attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... Your mother made it back from COP.. Good for her..

But what is your point ???

You sound like if you were trying to prove USCIS wrong..

We all have heard lots of experiences like your mother's, but you can't try to convince everybody to ignore what they say about trips to COP...

Like you say, maybe we are worrying to much, but i think you are not worrying AT ALL, and that's even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
what I am trying to prove is that you guys don't use common sense,you guys worry way too much!
I am pretty sure that she wouldn't have any problem when renewing her card, I will keep you guys posted in less than 10years.

coloumbia PR:
you are just one of those people who just live in your own world!
I like my attitude very much, being American Citizen sounds good, but for you, I think you should born in here in the first place! :cool:

Double_V said:
what I am trying to prove is that you guys don't use common sense,you guys worry way too much!
I am pretty sure that she wouldn't have any problem when renewing her card, I will keep you guys posted in less than 10years.

Double_V,

If we were all old ladies, I wouldn't be profiled by anyone. My life would be simple.Just because your mom made it ok, it doesn't mean no one will have any problems.

Double_V said:
coloumbia PR:
you are just one of those people who just live in your own world!
I like my attitude very much, being American Citizen sounds good, but for you, I think you should born in here in the first place! :cool:

What do you mean??????? I have been a Permanent Resident since 2004. I'll be US CITIZIEN in 2009. You don't need to born here to be a US Citizen. HELLLLOOOOO, you are the one who lives in your own world. Wake up man!!!! :confused: