As expected

kYMEWA

Registered Users (C)
Just got the magic email. I and my son's 485s are approved today :p . Here are my case detail:

I-140 RD: 11/13/02
I-140 AD: 07/01/04 (took 20 months :mad: )

I-485 RD: 01/27/03
FP: 06/15/03
I-485 RFE: 07/01/04 (EVL)
RFE sent: 07/27/04
RFE received: 07/30/04
I-485 AD: 08/04/04

:D :D :D :D

Hate to be point blank, but Iam not glad to see 2003 approvals. No pun intended against those lucky getting approved. There are quite a few 2001 filers waiting after multiple FPs/RFEs and thousands of 2002 filers waiting for FP, and these idiots are approving 2003 filers. USCIS is a painful example of life is not fair.

First of all, Congratulations to KYMEWA, enjoy your freedom.

Second, I agree with iHack, TSC and CIS is fucking shit, they have
ruined our life systematically. FUCK those guys hard!

Congratulations

Glad to see 2003 approvals.

I can see the trend here that concurrent filers getting advantage of 485 getting approved much faster. I feel sorry that my manager was little mean for not allowing me file concurrently otherwise I would have better chance of getting magic mail.

:) :) :)

Congratulations!!!
Although your I140 took 20 months, the thing really matters is that your I485 was approved at a flying speed. You really should appreciate how lucky you are. Have a look of our(us unlucky guys) dates, then you will easily figure out what that means.

I believe some are very blessed, and lucky, and some get from others luck(his/her son), may be he/she have done some good work in life and it return to him/her.

Good Luck u all

Last edited by a moderator:
kYMEWA,
Congrats!

But.....why would you title your message "As Expected"? You should consider yourself extremely lucky for getting it this fast. You shouldn't take this for granted. There is nothing that is "as expected" in getting your I-485 approved this quickly. There are people that are still waiting from 2001, and many from 2002 that do not even have thier fingerprints done. Others like myself have been transferred to local offices, and have no idea when thier cases will be looked at.

Thanks all for your comments. Yes, I'm lucky for my 485, but I am extremely unlucky for my 140. I was waiting for 140 approval for 20 month since Nov 2002, while even some lucky 04 filers got their 140 approved. I suffered a lot from my pending 140, took the risk of losing status while using my EAD for work if 140 got rejected. Maybe my painic 140 waiting traded off my 485.

For why give the title "as expected", yes, it occurs as I expected. My lawyer told me my 485 should be approved together with my unfortunate 140 if I did't change my address in the later of June. Also, I check with my LUD and noticed it changed everyday since RFE received at 07/30, even today. I was sure something would happen.

Anyway, I admit I am lucky with immigration. I got Canadian GC for only 6 months and American GC for 20 months.

Good luck to all you.

curiousGeorge said:
kYMEWA,
Congrats!

But.....why would you title your message "As Expected"? QUOTE]