As an AOS Can I give Affidavit of Support???

dip92

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

My uncle long time back applied immigration for my Mom. Now it’s accepted and they asked for Affidavit of support as a joint sponsor of my uncle. Because my uncle has to sponsor all of his siblings. Currently I am in AOS and my spouse is a US citizen. We filed tax jointly since last 2 years. My interview date is on Sept 20th. My spouse has to give me the same affidavit of support. My income is just double than my spouse and both together the income is more than enough to support 5 people based on the 125% poverty line. And we just bought a house also.

My question is:

1. Can my spouse and I both together give my Mom an affidavit of support now? Is there any problem for my interview on next month, coz I need also affidavit of support from my spouse?

2. An AOS status person can give Affidavit of support? Or it has to be an GC holder/ Citizen?

Please let me know, because my mom is stuck there only for joint affidavit of support in back home. I appreciate you guru’s help.

Good Luck to everybody.

Dip

dip92 said:
Gurus,

My uncle long time back applied immigration for my Mom. Now it’s accepted and they asked for Affidavit of support as a joint sponsor of my uncle. Because my uncle has to sponsor all of his siblings. Currently I am in AOS and my spouse is a US citizen. We filed tax jointly since last 2 years. My interview date is on Sept 20th. My spouse has to give me the same affidavit of support. My income is just double than my spouse and both together the income is more than enough to support 5 people based on the 125% poverty line. And we just bought a house also.

My question is:

1. Can my spouse and I both together give my Mom an affidavit of support now? Is there any problem for my interview on next month, coz I need also affidavit of support from my spouse?

2. An AOS status person can give Affidavit of support? Or it has to be an GC holder/ Citizen?

Please let me know, because my mom is stuck there only for joint affidavit of support in back home. I appreciate you guru’s help.

Good Luck to everybody.

Dip

Only a USC/LPR can be a sponsor/joint sponsor. In your case you cannot sponsor someone else till you become a LPR/citizen. Your USC spouse could be the sponsor/joint sponsor, provided the 125% minimum requirement is met (depending on the number of immigrants being sponsored by your USC spouse)