Arrest

dui

I have heard that DUI cases are denied naturalization (citizenship), A friend had this problem and was adviced by an immigration attorney to renew his green card but not to apply for naturalization.

However I do not know the impact on Green card process

Don\'t worry, but prepare youself

DUI depends upon the State you live, some state the dui is crime of moral turpitude. Singe first time dui with no other charge included such as accident in most state is not a crime of moral turpitude. I got a dui in 1998, I co-operated with the cop, I had a expensive attorney. No finger print was taken. I did a very extensive search with several attorneys, internet and immigration court cases. While I submitt my 485 I mention YES on my arrest case and submitted. I am expecting my processing of 485 in another 30 days. This is a climax time to know whether I will have trouble or not. I will keep posting about my case. I am here in USA for 7 years, worst case I will go back to India, which is nothing harm. I am preparde for this too. If you got info please post. Good luck...

How to preserve privacy ?

Hello Folks -

If One has to answer yes on I-485 to have you ever been arrested .... to be truthfull. in most of the cases company HR and their hired attorney is neck deep involved in this process. How do we avoid embrassement and keep up the private matter, private.

Sivakumar...you dont need to worry for Green Card

I saw a similar post in the CP processing...some one with DUI went for CP at chennai and got approved...The consular officer got the FBI report and asked some questions about it..they guy said YES to the question at the interview...he got approved withou any problem....check with CP posting with successful CP at chennai...you may be able to find it...ask the guy for some information....hope this helps

Help!! Has somebody got through the Green card process with DUI

Hi,
Is there any success story of getting the green card even after first DUI. I actually read somwhere in this web site that somebody was succesful with getting it even after DUI. It would really help me if anybody could post a message about it.

thanks,
sivakumar

success with Green card with First DUI

Hi,
Is there any success story of getting the green card even after first DUI. I actually read somwhere in this web site that somebody was succesful with getting it even after DUI. It would really help me if anybody could post a message about it.

thanks,
sivakumar

H-1 B stamping with a dui arrest

Can anybody tell me what to do for H1-B stamping. I have been arrested once for dui and so i had to say "yes" foer the question. Is it very risky to go to india for stamping. Do i have to stay in usa until my green card gets processed.

As this is my first time for h1-B stamping in cant get it revalidated in st.louis.......Can any body suggest me something about it.
regards,
siva

h-1b stamping

but this is the first time of h-1 stamping, so i think i cant go to st.louis. So i have to go to india and i think this is kind of risky.
Do u have any suggestions on this.
I have to go india soon and i am thinking of getting my visa stamped.

please advice...
siva

Hello Client

Hi Client , Can u please post your reply that you sent it in private so we can see it and benifit from it. If you don\'t want to post it here then send me that private message please

Just a suggestion!

If you have applied for adjustment of status, you can travel on your Advanced Parole (AP) document. You can visit India and return back on AP thus you can avoid going for H1 visa stamping. What I am not clear is whether you can still work on your current H1 or whether you need to use your EAD.

Good Luck.

I got it stamped at St. Louis, after arrest.

I was arrested by INS and later I got my PP Stamped at St. Louis, Mine was not first time though.

In the application, Last 10 questions are yes or no type questions, and If any of them is YES, we need to explain and attend in person,
BUT I SEND my application to St. Louis and Got my PP stamped. No problem. I said "YES" for the question, "Have you ever been arrested" and explained about it.

Jim Mills and others Please help

I sent my passport for stamping to St Louis. I have a record of past arrest , but no conviction. I did not realise that I have to diclose arrest as I was under the impression that it means a conviction and a Jail sentence. Since i did not have a conviction, I did not disclose the arrest. now I realise that i should have. What is the course of action available to me now. should I wait for them to get back to me or should I send in another letter diclosing the arrest. Pleas advice very urgent. Can i fax in this letter to them and how should I word the letter.

I just got converted from F-1 to h-1...stamping with dui????

Hi,

I think i should be more clear. I got converted from F-1 to H-1 last year. My F-1 visa on the passport expired. So i am thinking of going to INDIA and get my H-1 VISA STAMPED. Since this is first time, i cant go to st.louis.I have got to go to a consulate abroad.With a DUI what are the prospects of getting the visa stamped without trouble.??

My green card process just started. To be precise in december. It is in First stage. So this will take a considerable time to get to Advance Parole Stage.

Is it still OK to go and get stamped in INDIA or just wait until i get to Advance parole stage which i think would take another year which is VERY long for me.

Please suggest....
siva

No Title

Please read the following. Per these new rules, the consulate will check the criminal record for every visa applicant. I think the least risky option is if you can avoid travel until you get your AP. In the meanwhile, if you need to travel you need a H1 visa stamp. Please seek an attorney\'s advice to help you decide whether to go to a consulate for visa. If it makes you feel better, I know of a case where the visa was granted despite the arrest record. It is up to the consulate and the INS rules to grant a visa or not. If you do decide to go for visa stamping abroad, take all the necessary documentation from here. Hope this helps. Good luck.

From http://www.immigration-law.com/ (click on breaking news).

Updated 02/25/2002: DOS New Criminimal Record Check/Fingerprint Requirement

Effective February 25, 2002, the U.S. Department of State will start using the FBI database record checks (name-check query) for all visa applicants (both immigrants and nonimmigrants) before a visa is issued and the applicant with negative record will be required to take and submit fingerprint. The U.S. Department of State is enacting this Interim Rule to implement the USA Patriot Act. For the full text of this rule, please click here.
Until now, most of the American consulates waived finger-print requirement as a part of the immigrant visa processing. After this regulation, the fingerprint waiver will be no longer a rule unless the name-check inquiry indicates clean record. The name-check inquiry system and finger-print requirement for some NONIMMIGRANT visa applicants may further delay the visa issuing process for some applicants. Please be aware of this change.

Updated 02/26/2002: Chennai Web-Based NIV Appointment "Mandatory!"

The American Consulate in Chennai notifies us that beginning from Monday, March 4, the new web-based appointment system becomes mandatory for all qualified non-immigrant visa applicants. When the web-based appointment system was announced on February 13, 2002, use of the web-based system was voluntary. NIV visa applicants, please use www.ttsvisas.com to schedule appointment.

CP and DWI/DUI

I\'m not sure if its too late for this ...but i thought i might as well reply to this one ... i just got my GC approved this morning at Mumbai ... on my DS230 Part II i put "yes" in the question regarding any arrests blah blah ... and i put "3rd degree DWI" this is what my court order said .... the interview was smooth ... they never asked me anything about it at all .... so i would say if u\'r a one timer DUI/DWI u could go ahead with it ... just state the fact on 230 Part II

Good luck

hey i was arrested for shoplifting never went to jail nor was fingerprinted got a letter from the prosecutor to finsh a pre trial diversion programme which would be an alternatve to filing of charges into the court so my concern is an the immigration come to know about my arrest

greecn card

my uncle holding a green card it expires on 2014,and he dint went to us for the past two years,now he is India,but now he need to go....he can move to us r not.

my uncle holding a green card it expires on 2014,and he dint went to us for the past two years,now he is India,but now he need to go....he can move to us r not.

Unless he was arrested, his situation has nothing to do with this thread. Please start a new thread.