Arlington, VA passport stamped - 10/19/2000

akp

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday, 10/19/2000, we got our passport stamped. It is really a very simple process. We were there early in the morning, around 5.45 - 6.00 am, so that we could get out early. There could be around 25 people ahead of us. The doors opened at 7.45am. We went upstairs and got our ticket number around 8.00am. The lady asked us for
1. the ORIGINAL 485 approval letter.
2. the advance parole forms
3. all the EADs
4. two photographs
5. and the passport

That\'s it. She stapled everything and we waited for our number. We got our number around 8.30am. We produced the package to the IIO in the counter. She filled some form and asked us to sign front and back of the form. Then she took the finger print of the index finger on the front and back of the form. At that time, we gave her a paper with the change of address. She wrote the change of address on the form. Then she stamped our passport and explained that we could use it for travel and employment for one year. And we should expect our cards in about 6 months. That\'s it and we were out before 9.00 am. Free at last on the 10th year in US.

Any questions, let me know.

Bye and good luck to everybody waiting.

No Title

Which weekday did your approval notice specify? Can you go stamp
passport any weekday (not just the weekday specified by the
approval notice)? Thanks!

No Title

The approval notice does not say when to go for stamping. It is upto you. But, why wait. We went for stamping two days after my lawyer received the original approval notice.

No Title

Do you know if it is okay to take a 2 year old child who is not an applicant?

Thanks.

No Title

Yes, it is OK to take a 2 yr old child. I have seen many children (even new borns) at the INS crying and playing. It should not be a problem.
My details are - EB2, ND 02/99, FP 01/00, RFE 06/19/00, RFE was to redo 140 because of company merge, RFE received by INS - 07/19/00, new 140 approved 08/25/00, 485 approved - 10/11/00, passport stamped 10/18/00 (10th yr of stay in US).

Good luck to everyone waiting.