Arlington, VA interview case approved

dhanush

Registered Users (C)
Greetings All,

After long exhausting hurdles from INS, "finally" our cases were approved. Today my spouse and me got our passports stamped at local INS office Arlington, VA. Still digesting the truth...

To make long story, short ...

Waited for one and half year after the transfer, we received interview letters from Arlington INS along with finger print notification. We finished our interview during second week of Dec,2002. Interview went smooth, and officer could not approve our cases because of FBI check. Yesterday we received I-485 approval letters, and today we got our passports stamped. It is a quite coincidence that the date on the approval matches exactly with date I landed in US 12 years ago.

One thing I still don't understand the reason behind the transfer. I did my masters here in CS, worked for several years before applying for GC, maintained absolute status with clean record, paid taxes, etc.. Well, Is it paid off? During this last year and half, I have gone through lot of stress, frustration... you name it..

It took 3 years 4 months to just finish 485 process. Believe it or not, I made a lot of effort to get the interview. Since the transfer, I met so many friends on this news group and I even spoke to most of them personally, and gave me valuable information. I would like to thank you all of them. To name a few....ACE, Marina, Shrni100, ashwariya, rvaldez, SuG, abci, NDOCT99, destiny101,GC4VP, Telecom Guy, iexp, and so on...

After long four year and five months wait of Green Card journey... Signing Off....

Thank you all, Best of luck to all...

dhanush

fyi
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=13359

Congratulations!

Your case definately inspire everyone out here. Your patience paid off.
Enjoy the freedom.

--urgentgc

congrats.
really had long wait.
Hence forth you will have all things going in your favour in speedy way.

Take care.

Congrats!

Dhanush! Congratulations! Hope our case get approved much sooner than yours! Mine got transferred in August of 2002!

dhanush,

many many congratulations to you and yours. i have seen your case and read the long Arlington transfer thread that you started. it must have been a very frustrasting journey. after reading your posts it is very clear that you have mastered the art being cool and collected even in the most stressful periods. i see several people here getting frustrated on much smaller waits.

waiting year and a half after the transfer must be extremely long and painful for you, but you survived and congratulations to you again!